January 11, 2019 - A Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center ISD will be held January 14, 2019, beginning at 6:00 PM in the Center Independent School District Administration Boardroom 107 PR 605 Center, TX 75935.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below.
Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum
2. Executive Session
2. 1. District Employees and Officers: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
2. 1. 1. 551.071 An executive session will be held for the purpose of having private consultation with the Board's attorney when the governmental body seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation or a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of counsel to his client, under the Code of Professional Responsibility of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Act.
2. 1. 2. 551.074 Deliberate the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
2. 1. 2. 1. To conduct interviews with candidates for the position of Athletic Director/Head Football Coach with the assistance of the Superintendent of Schools and to discuss the qualifications of each applicant with the Superintendent.
2. 1. 3. 551.129 A governmental body may use a telephone conference call, video conference call, or communications over the internet to conduct a public consultation with its attorney in an open meeting of the governmental body or a private consultation with its attorney in a closed meeting of the governmental body
3. Open Session
3. 1. District Employees and Officers: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
3. 1. 1. Consideration and Board action, if any, to select and hire an Athletic Director/Head Football Coach for the school district
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E or Texas Government Code section 418.183(f). Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions, or decisions will be taken in open meeting. [See BEC(LEGAL)]
The notice for this meeting was posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meeting Act on: January 11, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.