October 9, 2018 - A Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center ISD will be held October 11, 2018, beginning at 12:00 PM in the Center High School Library 658 Roughrider Drive Center, Texas 75935.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below.
Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
3. CHS Student Recognitions
4. Public Comments/Audience Participation
5. Consent Agenda
5.2. Tax Office Report
5.3. Monthly Financial Statement
5.4. Payment Approval
5.5. Investment Report
5.6. Quarterly Investment Report
5.7. Overnight Student Activity Trips
5.8. Amendments to the Budget
6. Consideration and Approval of Criminal Justice Department Resolution Presenter: Pete Low
7. Review Bond Project and Budget
8. Presentation of Additional Dual-Credit Opportunities for CHS Students
9. Consideration to Approve Proposal for Qualifications for CHS HVAC Improvements
10. Consideration to Authorize Administration to Solicit Requests for Qualifications for District Energy Optimization Services
11. Discussion of Seat Belt Regulations for School Buses
12. Discussion of "Grow Your Own" Teacher Program Concept and Framework
13. Discussion of Compensation Practices for Shortage and High Need Teacher Positions
14. Consideration to Approve Site Location of the Multi-Purpose Event Center as part of the 2018 Bond Program
15. Annual Report of Trustee Continuing Education Hours
16. Consideration to Approve Campus Location for November 2018 Regular Meeting at 12:00 pm.
17. Closed Session
17.1. District Employees and Officers: Texas Gov't Code 551.074
17.1.1. Resignation/Retirement of Personnel
17.1.2. Employment of Personnel
17.1.3. Extended Emergency Sick Leave
17.2. Real Property: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.072 and §551.129
18. Open Session
18.1. District Employees and Officers: Texas Gov't Code 551.074
18.1.1. Resignation/Retirement of Personnel
18.1.2. Employment of Personnel
18.1.3. Extended Emergency Sick Leave
18.2. Real Property: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.072 and §551.129
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E or Texas Government Code section 418.183(f). Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions, or decisions will be taken in open meeting. [See BEC(LEGAL)]
The notice for this meeting was posted in compliance with the Texas Open Meeting Act on: October 8, 2018 11:45 a.m.