July 14, 2017 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday July 18, 2017 6:30 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
Order Of Business
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Swearing in of newly appointed Council Member Jessie Griffith.
4. Open Forum.
5. Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
6. Monthly Reports:
a. City Secretary
- Scheduling Availability for Budget Workshops.
- Property Tax Rate Quorum Reminder.
- Report on initiation of procurement process for GLO Grant.
b. Utility Billing Manager
- Report --Monthly receipts
c. Public Works Manager
- Update -- Sewer Plant Rehabilitation.
- Update -- Staffing Issues
d. Water Department
- Update-- Ground Storage, Monitoring System, Logansport Meter, Chlorine Injection System.
7. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
8. Update to Council by Grant Writer Raymond K. Vann regarding status of 2017-2018 TDA Grant process and opportunities for other grants.
9. Discussion & Council Action on request of East Texas Press to be designated the official newspaper of the City of Joaquin.
10. Discussion & Council Action on Adjournment.
If during the course of the of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.