March 17, 2017 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Open Forum.
4. Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
5. Monthly Reports:
a. City Secretary
b. Utility Billing Manager
c. Public Works Manager
d. Water Department
e. Fire Department
6. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
7. Discussion & Council Action on possible agreement with 31 Energy.
8. Discussion & Council Action on use of Hotel/Motel Tax funds to sponsor Heritage Festival.
9. Discussion & Council Action on sponsorship for refreshments for Elementary Students (Heritage Festival).
10. Discussion & Council Action on selection of 12 hour days for early voting- April 26th and 27th (Sec. 85.005(d)).
11. Discussion & Council Action on acceptance of certification of unopposed candidate (Special Election).
12. Discussion & Council Action on Ordering Cancellation of Special Election- May 6, 2017
IF during the course of the of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.