April 16, 2018 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 17th day of April, 2018 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce:
5. Council Items:
6. Presentations & Recognition:
a) The City of Timpson would like to present the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center with a check in the amount of $502.73 (child safety fee) and recognize the Center for their efforts in Child Abuse Prevention through educational programs and events throughout the county.
b) The Council would like to recognize Municipal Court Clerk Paula Mullins on her 9th year anniversary with the City of Timpson.
c) Pat Oates will be in attendance to discuss the TDA Water Project No 7217461. Pat is our Engineering Manager with Goodwin-Lasiter-Strong.
7. Public Comment: Notify the public of CenterPoint Energy’s 2018 GRIP Filing for the Beaumont/East Texas pision concerning rate increases.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works: Larry Burns
B. Police Department: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court: Reported for the month of March 2018, 59 citations, 62 violations, 0 citations to a minor and 1 citation to a juvenile. Total amount reported $25,054.61 for the Police Department and Court, the city’s portion a (55% Estimate) $13,780.04. In addition, 2,816.84 will be paid to Linebarger for their fees collected in the month of March.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting Chandler Tree Service finished the trimming at the Plaza and has been paid. Update on EDC Sidewalk Project.
* Early Voting begins April 23rd at City Hall and ends May 1st ; weekdays only
* April 23rd and May 1st are extended hours – 7am – 7pm other days are 8am-5pm
* May 5th --ELECTION DAY-- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Timpson ISD Gym foyer.
9. Consent Agenda: Items A thru E included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes from the Regular Meeting on March 20, 2018
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month ending March, 2018
D. Consider approval of April Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for March, 2018
E. Approval for Timpson ISD and American Legion Post 90 to hold their Annual Memorial Day Event on the Square on May 28th.
F. Approval to sale the donated 2008 Crown Victoria for $1,000 to Jim Puryear. This was the only bid received.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10-12)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Review and discuss plans for 2017 TDA Water Project No. 7217461 with GLS Engineering and consider authorization to advertise for construction bids upon final plan approval from TCEQ.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Accept bids from a bonded tree service to cut down a dead tree located at the Woodlawn Cemetery.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.