Firemen Fight Structure Fire at Southern Seasons (Video)

July 12, 2017 - The Shelbyville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire of a local business in Shelbyville, Southern Seasons, and upon their arrival the building was fully involved Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 10:40am.

Center Fire Department firemen responded to the scene to assist in fighting the blaze. Once power to the building was cut, a full onslaught of the fire was able to be achieved.

The firemen knocked back the majority of the flames at the front portion of the building, while additional units worked to extinguish the back side.

A room at the northeast end of the structure continued to be the hottest location until the firemen had it quenched. After that was achieved, water was continuously applied to additional hot spots throughout the building.

Witnesses at the scene stated the fire started when the owner, Shana Brittain, entered a closet in the building and received an electrical shock when she turned the light on. Brittain appeared fine at the scene and did not require emergency medical treatment by ACE EMS who was standing by as a precaution while firemen worked.