Auguts 11, 2017 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:30pm at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
Order of business
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Open Forum.
4. Council approval of the previous month’s minutes.
5. Monthly Reports:
a. City Secretary-Report –Union Pacific Railroad Meeting
b. Utility Billing Manager
- Report --Monthly receipts
c. Public Works Manager
- Update -- Sewer Plant Rehabilitation.
- Update – Training
- Update –Facilities Replacement Plan-project
d. Water Department
- Updates-- Monitoring System, Logansport Meter, & Storage Tank.
6. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
7. Discussion & Council Action on presentation of 2017 property tax rates & scheduling adoption of new tax rates.
8. Discussion & Council Action on appointment of individuals to expiring terms Public Safety Development Corporation.
9. Discussion & Council Action on appointment of individuals to expiring terms Economic Development Corporation.
10. Discussion & Council Action on possible reallocation of auditing expense for Joaquin Development Corporations.
11. Council will hold a closed Executive Session Meeting-Personnel Matters (551.074).
a. Public Works Employee- Personnel Review & Possible Merit Promotion.
12. Council reconvenes & possible action on matters discussed in executive session
13. Discussion & Council Action on Adjournment.
If during the course of the of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.