November 9, 2018 - Notice is hereby given that on the 12th day of November, 2018 the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin School District will hold a regular meeting at 6:00 p.m., at the Administration building, Joaquin, Texas.
The subjects to be discussed are listed on the agenda attached to and made a part of this Notice. If, during the course of the meeting covered by this Notice, the Board of Trustees should determine that a closed session of the Board of Trustees is required, then such closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Section 551.001 et seq., Texas Education Code, will be held by the School Board at the date, may conveniently meet in such closed session concerning any and all purposes permitted by the Act, including, but not limited to the following sections and purposes:
1. Roll call, establishment of quorum, call to order – Joaquin ISD shall have one member via video conference call – Texas Government Code Section 551.127
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
3. Audience Participation – In accordance with Joaquin ISD Policy BED Local no presentation shall exceed five
minutes. Delegations of more than five persons shall appoint one person to present their views before the Board.
4. Student & Campus Spotlight – Elementary Neuhaus Reading - Jennifer Groves and Lori May JH/HS Math/Science
5. Report/Information items:
5.1 Review Monthly Financial Report – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
5.2 Hand out Board Operating Procedures to be acted on at the December Board meeting
5.3 Maintenance update on projects
5.4 Notice of intention to lease minerals
6. Agenda Items for consideration and possible action:
6.1 Minutes from previous month’s meeting
6.2 Waiver letter for Summer feeding program
6.3 Approve 2018 Independent Auditor’s Report – Goff & Herrington, P.C.
7. Enter Closed Session: – Texas Government Code Section
7.1 §551.074 Appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee
7.1.1 Resignations and/or Retirement
7.1.2 Hiring of a Teacher
8. Return to Open Session – Items for consideration and possible action:
8.1 Resignation and/or Retirement
8.2 Hiring of a Teacher
9. Recommendations for items to be placed on agenda for next Board meeting
10. Designation of date and time of next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – December 17, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.