October 16, 2018 - The Joaquin ISD School Board met Monday, October 15, 2018 in regular session at 6:00 p.m. in the Joaquin Boardroom with the following members present: Ronnie Belrose, Tam Hearnsberger, Thomas Harvey, Bill Mason, Jr., Brandon Neal and Jeff Cater. Board member absent was Chrisco Bragg. No guests were present.
Joaquin ISD Employees present were Phil Worsham, Superintendent; Joel Bumback, Director of Finance; Terri Gray, Jr. High /High School Principal; Jon Jones, Assistant Jr. High/High School Principal; Bert Coan, Assistant Elementary Principal; Mark Bonner, Maintenance Director; Kathy Carrington, Special Education Director; Donna Vergo, Human Resources; Lori May, Teacher; and Jennifer Groves, Teacher.
Prior to the meeting at 5:30 p.m. a walk-through was conducted of the improvements to the girls athletic facilities.
Ronnie Belrose, Vice-President, called the meeting to order at 6:08 p.m.
2. The invocation was led by Phil Worsham, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America by Bill Mason, Jr., and the Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag was led by Jeff Cater.
3. Audience Participation – Those signed up and participating were: None
4. Student and Campus Spotlight
Elementary – Vision and Its Relation to Reading – Jennifer Groves and Lori May
Jr. High/High School – Attendance – Jon Jones
5. Report and Information items:
5.1. FIRST Hearing (Public Comments welcome during this item) – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
5.2. Monthly Financial Report – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
5.3. Track resurfacing
5.4. Parking lot at Track/Baseball/Softball
6. Agenda Items for discussion, consideration, and possible action:
6.1. It was moved by Tam Hearnsberger, and seconded by Jeff Cater, to approve minutes from previous meeting. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
6.2. It was moved by Bill Mason, Jr., and seconded by Tam Hearnsberger, to approve the Campus/District Goals and Objectives. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
6.3. It was moved by Tam Hearnsberger, and seconded by Thomas Harvey, to approve the 2018 Tax Levy. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
7. Ronnie Belrose, Board Vice-President, ask for items to be placed on the next board agenda. - None noted at this time
8. Designation of date and time of next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – Monday, November 12th, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.
9. With no further business on the agenda the meeting was adjourn at 7:29 p.m.