November 14, 2017 - The Joaquin ISD School Board met Monday, November 13, 2017 in regular session at 6:00 p.m. in the Joaquin Boardroom with the following members present: Chrisco Bragg, Ronnie Belrose, Thomas Harvey, Brandon Neal and Tam Hearnsberger. Board members absent were Bill Mason, Jr. and Jeff Cater. Guest present was Daniel Rainey, Goff & Herrington, P.C.. Joaquin ISD employees present were Phil Worsham, Superintendent; Joel Bumback, Director of Finance; Jimmy Jackson, High School Principal; Terri Gray, Jr. High Principal, Kathy Carrington, Special Education Director; and Bert Coan, Elementary Assistant Principal.
Chrisco Bragg, President, called the meeting to order at 6:11 p.m.
The invocation was led by Ronnie Belrose, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America by Chrisco Bragg, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag was led by Tam Hearnsberger.
3. Audience Participation – Those signed up and participating were: None
4. Report and Information items:
4.1 Review Monthly Financial Report – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
4.2 Hand out Board Operating Procedures to be acted on at the December Board meeting
4.3 Vantage Points for Texas Association of School Boards Update 109
5. Agenda Items for discussion, consideration, and possible action:
5.1 It was moved by Tam Hearnsberger, and seconded by Brandon Neal, to approve minutes from previous meeting. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
5.2 No action taken on resolution for Panola County Appraisal District’s Board of Directors. The Board recessed at 6:27 p.m. to wait on the auditor to arrive. The Board reconvened at 6:35 p.m.
5.3 It was moved Brandon Neal, and seconded by Ronnie Belrose, to approve the 2017 Joaquin ISD Annual Financial Report by Daniel Rainey, CPA from Goff & Herrington, P.C. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
6. Chrisco Bragg, Board President, ask for items to be placed on the next board agenda. Request Mr. Wayne Haglund, School Attorney, to attend the December regular meeting.
7. Designation of date and time of next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – Monday, December 18, 2017, at 6:00 p.m.
8. With no further business on the agenda the meeting was adjourn at 7:00 p.m.