January 12, 2018 - Notice is hereby given that on the 15th day of January, 2018 the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin School District will hold a regular meeting at 6pm., at the Administration building, Joaquin, Texas.
The subjects to be discussed are listed on the agenda attached to and made a part of this Notice. If, during the course of the meeting covered by this Notice, the Board of Trustees should determine that a closed session of the Board of Trustees is required, then such closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Section 551.001 et seq., Texas Education Code, will be held by the School Board at the date, may conveniently meet in such closed session concerning any and all purposes permitted by the Act, including, but not limited to the following sections and purposes:
1. Roll call, establishment of quorum, call to order – Joaquin ISD could have members via video conference call – Texas Government Code Section 551.127.
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
3. Audience Participation – In accordance with Joaquin ISD Policy BED Local no presentation shall exceed five minutes. Delegations of more than five persons shall appoint one person to present their views before the Board.
4. Report/Information items:
4.1 Board Appreciation Month Presentation
4.2 Review Monthly Financial Reports – Joel Bumback
4.3 Student Transfer Agreement
4.4 Track project update
4.5 Announce Board Training Hours and Attendance
5. Agenda Items for consideration and possible action:
5.1 Minutes from previous month’s meeting
5.2 Call a school board election for May 5, 2018
6. Enter Closed Session
6.1 Enter closed session under Texas Government Codes:
§551.071 An executive session will be held for the purpose of having private consultation with the Board’s attorney when the governmental body seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation or a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of counsel to his client, under the Code of Professional Responsibility of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Act.
§551.074 Deliberate the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
6.1.1 Deliberate the evaluation of the Superintendent and his contract
7. Return to Open Session - Agenda Items for consideration and possible action:
7.1 Superintendent’s contract
8. Recommendations for items to be placed on agenda for next Board meeting
9. Designation of date and time of next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – February 19, 2018, at 6:00 p.m.