November 9, 2017 - Notice is hereby given that a Regular meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 13th of November, 2017 at 9:30 am in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve the minutes of the October 4, 2017 Special meeting, October 10, 2017 Regular meeting, October 18, 2017 Budget Workshop, and the October 23, 2017 Special meeting, of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court.
2. Approve the weekly expenses.
3. Approve Officers’ Reports.
4. Public Comments on Agenda items.
5. Discuss and possibly appoint a representative from Shelby County to the East Texas Regional Water Planning Group (Region 1).
6. Discuss and possibly take action on the Workers’ Compensation Insurance for the County.
7. Discuss and possibly approve a 911 Emergency Ambulance Exclusive Agreement.
8. Discuss and possibly approve new surveillance, access control and panic alarm system for the Courthouse, Annex, and County Clerk’s Office.
9. Discuss and possibly approve gravel donation from Billy Hearnsberger for Pct. 3 to be put on County Road 3376.
10. Discuss and possible approve to move Garza County Fund 65 bank account under the General Fund umbrella of accounts and close separate account.
11. Shelby County Extension Agents Lane Dunn and Jheri-Lynn McSwain to discuss placing
Security Lighting and utilization of classroom for 4-H projects.
12. District Attorney’s office to create a part-time internship to be paid out of forfeiture funds.
13. District Attorney, Stephen Shires to address the Court on approving setting up an account for “Drug Court Fund” to place monies collected by probation department.
14. DA to discuss mounting televisions in the District Courtrooms.
15. Discuss and possibly reconsider the rental cost of the gym for Zumba classes.