August 11, 2017 - Notice is hereby given that a Budget Workshop will be held immediately preceding the regular meeting of the governing body of the above named City. The workshop will begin at 5pm and will end promptly at 5:30pm on the 15th day of August, 2017. No action will be taken during the workshop. The meeting can be conducted with or without a quorum. The Economic Development Corp will also have a meeting prior to the Budget Workshop at 4pm to discuss adopting the preliminary budget for 2017-18.
Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 15th day of August, 2017 at 5:30pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: Henry Marx will celebrate his 4th year anniversary on August 21st.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of July 2017, there were 45 citations issued, 54 violations, 1 to juveniles and 2 to minors. Total amount reported $15,552.00, the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $8,553.60.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting there have been no bids on the 2008 Crown Vic owned by the Police Department. Larry Burns has received a quote on a new transmission for the race track located at the Waste Water Plant for $6,199.00
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on July 18, 2017
B. Consider approval of the minutes of the special meeting held on July 25, 2017
C. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting of the EDC on August 1st, 2017
D. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of July, 2017
E. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for July, 2017
Regular Agenda Items (10 –14)
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss & Adopt the Proposed 2017-2018 Budget for Water/Sewer & Electric Enterprise Funds.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and Adopt the Proposed Budget for the General Operating Fund for 2017-2018 including the Streets, Parks, Cemetery, Court Technology, EDC, TVFD, Basic Operations of the City Office & Timpson City Police Department.
Please include in the Motion the Gross Revenue/Gross Expenditures/Size of Police Force/Net Fund Increase or Decrease.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider adopting the Proposed Tax Rate for 2017-2018. Read the proposed ordinance regarding the proposed Tax rate and percentage of increase if any.
13. Discuss and take action: Consider a special called meeting, if needed, to work on the budget or tax rate. Both MUST be adopted no later than Thursday, September 28, 2017. If no special meetings are called the Final Budget & Tax Rate will be adopted at the September 19, 2017 meeting.