October 3, 2018 - Timpson ISD Bear Update
- Today, October 3 - Cross Country at Hemphill
- Friday, October 5 – Bear Football vs. Harleton – Here @ 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 5 - Volleyball vs. San Augustine – There @ 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6 - Saturday School
- Monday, October 8 - Band goes to Carthage for Pre-Contest Rehearsal
- Monday, October 8 - JH Volleyball vs. Shelbyville - Here @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 9 - Board Meeting
- Tuesday, October 9 - Volleyball vs. Garrison – Home @ 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 10 - SAT School Day - Juniors & Seniors
- Wednesday, October 10 - Cross Country District @ New Summerfield
- Thursday, October 11 - Report Cards sent out
- Friday, October 12 – Bear Football vs. Garrison - There @ 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 12 - Volleyball Bye
Student of the Week - Second grader, Bray Booker, was nominated as the Elementary Student of the Week at last Friday's Pep Rally. The picture attached shows Bray with 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Taylor Ann Therwhanger. Great job Bray!
FCCLA News - FCCLA will be sponsoring the Cancer Awareness event at Friday’s football game against Harleton. Merchandise will be sold and all proceeds go to local cancer patients and their caregivers. An example of the merchandise: $2 Mini Footballs; 75 Cents or 2 for a $1 Noisemakers; $6 Drawstring Backpacks; $1 Wristbands/Hair Ties; and Goody Bags filled with variuos items $2-$3.
FFA News – There are many great things happening with Timpson FFA! The following are heifer show team results from the recent competition:
Four States Fair:
- April Ramsey had two second places in the Simmental Show and made it to the finals in senior showmanship.
- Ally Kimbro had three class winners, Reserve Grand Champion Santa Gertrudis, and Reserve Grand Champion Star-5. She also made it to the finals in intermediate showmanship.
- Baylor Kimbro had two class winners and a 5th place, Baylor also made it to the finals in Junior Showmanship.
- Brecken Kimbro placed 4th in his class.
- Mayson Harbison placed 4th place in class.
- Cale Cornelius was second in her class.
East Texas State Fair
- Baylor Kimbro won Grand Champion Santa Gertrudis, Reserve Grand Champion Santa Gertrudis, class winner with his star 5 heifer, and was chosen by the judge to compete in showmanship. Baylor also had the Reserve Grand Champion ARB Steer.
- Ally Kimbro had one class winner, one second place in class and was also given a callback for showmanship.
- Brecken Kimbro won his class and was given a showmanship callback.
- Mayson Harbison had a second in class.
- Cale Cornelius won her class.
Miss Margo Hooper reports this is currently the largest heifer show team Timpson has had since 2009. We have 6 students showing.
The heifer Show team`s next stop is the Texas State Fair this month where we will have 5 students showing 18 heifers. They will compete in not only the Junior Show but also in the Pan-American Show (this is open to anyone in the country not just students-ranches and major breeders).
We currently have 8 pens of chickens showing through the Timpson FFA. They will compete at the Poultry Festival October 6th in Center, Texas.
Chicken Exhibitors: Colton Gutermuth, Taylor Gutermuth, Megan Gutermuth, Kolton Smelley, Cory Smelley, Macey Jo Hanson, Ashlyn Lindgren, and Cale Cornelius
Steer Exhibitors: Baylor Kimbro and Lauren Askins
Goat Exhibitors: Ashlyn Lindgren, April Ramsey, Keelie McDonald, and Avery Metcalf
Lamb Exhibitors: Macey Jo Hanson, Cara Searcy, Caden Solomon, Callie Solomon, Abby Messer, Hunter Sample, and Emmalee Richardson
We will be picking up pigs during the next couple weeks. So far we have 2 students who have expressed interest in showing a pig.
Our District LDE (Leadership Development Event) contest is scheduled for November 6th where we will have students competing in Job Interview, Sr. Chapter Conducting, Sr. Creed Speaking, Greenhand Quiz Team, Sr. Quiz Team, and possibly Farm Skills. Great work FFA students!