November 13, 2017 - A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center Independent School District (CISD) was held on Monday, November 6, 2017 beginning at 11:00 a.m. at Center Independent School District Administrative Office Building located at 107 Private Road 605 in Center, Texas 75935.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum
John Henry Holloway called the meeting to order at 11:02 a.m. and declared a quorum.
Present: John Henry Holloway; Allison Johnson; Daphne LaRock; Casey Lout; Matthew Mettauer; Betty McDaniel, Director of Finance and James Hockenberry, Superintendent
Absent: Traci Willoughby
Visitors: Teresa Anderson, Director of Special Education; Mike Brister; Madalyn Bartley; Shannon Denby; Matthew Gregory, CHS Principal; Heath Hagler, CIS Principal; Jake Henson, CMS Principal; Shelly Norvell, CES Principal; Linda Snell, Director of Special Programs and Mickey Wulf, Director of Special Education
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance - Mike Brister gave the invocation and Matthew Mettauer led the Pledges of Allegiance.
3. Public Comments/Audience Participation - None
4. Consent Agenda - A motion was made by Allison Johnson, seconded by Casey Lout to approve the consent agenda consisting of the minutes from the regular meeting on October 12, 2017; the minutes from the special called meeting on October 23, 2017; the minutes from the special called meeting on October 30, 2017; Tax Office Report (October 2017); Investment Report (October 2017); payment approval over $50,000 and Overnight Student Activity Trip. The motion carried 5-0.
5. Distribution of TASB Policy Update 109 - Each member of the Board received a copy of the TASB Policy Update 109 (affecting Local policies).
6. Campus Reports on Grade Level Realignment Concepts and Facility Requests - Dr. Hockenberry presented a summary of the campus reports pertaining to grade level realignment, as requested by the Board.
Dr. Hockenberry indicated that if the Board is comfortable with the grade level realignment proposal, then he advised the Board to receive current financial information related to the potential projects. The Board noted that they are comfortable with the grade level realignment and requested Dr. Hockenberry contact Doug Whitt to attend the December meeting as establish a process for the Special Committee of the Board responsible for facility review and future needs to hear presentations/interview architect firms.
7. Consideration to Modify the December 2017 Regular Meeting - The Board will conduct its regular meeting on Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
8. Consideration to Accept Gift from the Center Industrial Development Foundation - A motion was made by Matthew Mettauer, seconded by Allison Johnson to accept the donation from the Center Industrial Development Foundation in the amount of $91,322. The motion carried 5-0.
9. Closed Session - The Board did not enter into closed session.
10. Open Session
10.1 District Employees and Officers: Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
10.1.1 There were no employment of contracted personnel to be considered.
10.1.2 There were no resignations/retirements to be presented.
10.1.3 There were no extended emergency sick leaves to be considered by the Board.
11. Adjournment - A motion was made by Casey Lout, seconded by Daphne LaRock to adjourn the meeting at 11:22 a.m. The motion carried 5-0.