Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Connects People with Jobs and Businesses with Qualified Candidates
January 28, 2021 - Through digital highways and rural roadways, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is offering a multi-pronged approach to helping Deep East Texas businesses thrive and get individuals back to work or on a path to sustainable careers.
Every Thursday in February, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas will host virtual job fairs across the 12-county region. Individuals who register will be able to meet with the employers, read about job openings, ask questions and submit resumes through a virtual platform using a personal computer, phone or other mobile device. In-person and virtual assistance with registering, preparing for, and attending the events is available at the six workforce centers.
Registration is required for each event. To register as a job seeker and upload a resume, visit www.detwork.org/JobFairsHiringEvent and choose your event. Employers are encouraged to participate in the hiring events by calling 936-639-1351 or emailing email@example.com.
- Thursday, February 4, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – Recruiting Events Spotlighting Employers in six virtual job fairs. These hiring events are organized by workforce center county, making it easy to find jobs close to home.
- Thursday, February 11, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – Recruiting Events Spotlighting Employers in six virtual job fairs. These hiring events are organized by workforce center county, making it easy to find job opportunities close to home.
- Thursday, February 18, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – JobsNow Job Fair is a giant, region-wide, virtual job fair and online hiring opportunity.
- Thursday, February 25, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – Virtual Youth Hiring Event especially for ages 16-24. Youth will be able to meet and learn about employers and work opportunities online. They can also learn about the education and training opportunities available to those who qualify.
The 12-county region is large, and getting to a workforce center in neighboring county may be a challenge. To bring services closer to rural communities, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is partnering with local organizations and offering pop-up centers each week in outlying locations. Just as they do when they visit a workforce center, individuals will have access to useful tools for finding a job, improving skills, and furthering or changing careers. The following is a sampling of the free services offered: job readiness, resume assistance, job placement, skills training, paid work experience, virtual workshops, and support services.
- Tuesday, February 2, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sabine Area Career Center, 203 Sloan St., Pineland
- Wednesday, February 3, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Newton County Public Library, 212 High St., Newton
- Wednesday, February 10, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Coldspring Area Public Library, 14221 Hwy 150 W, Coldspring
- Thursday, February 11, 10 a.m. to 12 noon, San Augustine County Chamber of Commerce, 611 W. Columbia St., San Augustine
- Wednesday, February 17, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Allen Shivers Library & Museum, 302 N. Charlton St., Woodville
- Thursday, February 18, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Groveton Public Library, 126 West 1st St., Groveton
- Wednesday, February 24, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Shepherd Public Library, 30 Liberty St., Shepherd
- Thursday, February 25, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Blanche K. Werner Public Library, 203 Prospect Drive, Trinity
The six Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas centers are OPEN, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please remember to wear a mask. Safety measures are in place, such as sanitizing surfaces, wearing masks, six-foot social distancing and limiting the number of people inside at one time. For those who have symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 or those who have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19, please call for virtual assistance.
Angelina County, (936) 639-1351, 210 N. John Redditt, Lufkin
Houston County, (936) 544-7859, 1505 S. 4th Street, Crockett
Jasper County, (409) 384-9031, 799 W. Gibson, Ste. 300, Jasper
Nacogdoches County, (936) 560-1441, 235 N. University St., Nacogdoches
Polk County, (936) 327-5421, 1241 West Church, Ste. 300, Livingston
Shelby County, (936) 598-2468, 145 Catco Drive, Center