December 31, 2021 - New Years is a time to celebrate a new beginning and fireworks are a great way to get into the spirit of the festive holiday!
Safety Tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety:
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
- A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
- Never point or throw fireworks at other people.
- Do not light fireworks indoors
- Do not light fireworks in your hand
- And remember, ALCOHOL AND FIREWORKS DON’T MIX!
Educate yourselves on the safe and responsible use of fireworks and have a safe and Happy New Year!