Virtual and In-Person Job Fairs, Pop-Up Workforce Centers & Virtual Resource Room. Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Connects People with Jobs and Businesses with Qualified Candidates.
July 29, 2021 - Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas continues in August to offer a multi-pronged free approach to helping Deep East Texas businesses thrive and get individuals back to work or on a path to sustainable careers.
Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas will host virtual and in-person job fairs across the 12-county region. In-person and virtual assistance with registering, preparing for, and attending the events is available at the six workforce centers.
- Monday, August 9, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Child Care Job Fair in Angelina County. There are immediate job openings in Angelina County child care centers. The job fair will be held at the Angelina County Workforce Center, 210 N. John Redditt Drive, Lufkin. There will be refreshments and drawings for $10-$25 gift cards, thanks to event partner Goodwill.
- Wednesday, August 11, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Child Care Job Fair in Nacogdoches County. There are immediate job openings in Nacogdoches County child care centers. The job fair will be held at the Nacogdoches County Workforce Center, 235 N. University Drive, Nacogdoches. There will be refreshments and drawings for $10-$25 gift cards, thanks to event partner Goodwill.
- Thursday, August 19, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – JobsNow! Job Fair is a giant, region-wide, virtual job fair and online hiring opportunity.
Registration is required. Individuals will be able to meet with employers, read about job openings, ask questions and submit resumes through a virtual platform using a personal computer, phone or other mobile device. To register as a job seeker and upload a resume, visit www.detwork.org/JobFairsHiringEvents.
Check with the local workforce centers for more in-person hiring events to be scheduled.
Sign up for Jobs News by texting DETX to 1-855-502-0026.
Employers are encouraged to participate in the hiring events by calling 936-639-1351 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pop-Up Workforce Centers and Virtual Resource Room
The 12-county region is large, and getting to a workforce center in neighboring county may be a challenge. To bring services closer to rural communities, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is partnering with local organizations and offering pop-up centers this month in outlying locations. Just as they do when they visit a workforce center, individuals will have access to useful tools for finding a job, improving skills, and furthering or changing careers. The following is a sampling of the free services offered: job readiness, resume assistance, job search, skills training, paid work experience, virtual workshops, and support services.
- Tuesday, August 3, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sabine Area Career Center, 203 Sloan St., Pineland
- Wednesday, August 4, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Newton County Public Library, 212 High St., Newton
- Thursday, August 12, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., San Augustine County Chamber of Commerce, 611 W. Columbia St., San Augustine
- Tuesday, August 17, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., Groveton Public Library, 126 West 1st St., Groveton
- Wednesday, August 18, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Coldspring Area Public Library, 14221 Hwy 150 W, Coldspring
- Thursday, August 19, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Allen Shivers Library & Museum, 302 N. Charlton St., Woodville
*** VIRTUAL RESOURCE ROOM! Residents in these counties—Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Trinity, Tyler—can meet virtually with our advisors from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, by clicking on this link, https://bit.ly/3gSxXzY, or calling 1 830-212-4601, conference ID 820 216 993#.
Workforce Centers are Open
The six Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas centers are OPEN, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Specialists are available to help with: job readiness, resume assistance, job search, skills training, paid work experience, virtual workshops, support services, and more. For those who have symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 or those who have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19, please call for virtual assistance.
ANGELINA COUNTY, (936) 639-1351, 210 N. John Redditt, Lufkin
HOUSTON COUNTY, (936) 544-7859, 1505 S. 4th Street, Crockett
JASPER COUNTY, (409) 384-9031, 799 W. Gibson, Ste. 300, Jasper
NACOGDOCHES COUNTY, (936) 560-1441, 235 N. University Dr., Nacogdoches
POLK COUNTY, (936) 327-5421, 1241 West Church, Ste. 300, Livingston
SHELBY COUNTY, (936) 598-2468, 145 Catco Drive, Center
To help people find jobs, keep jobs or get better jobs, the staff at Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers job search and job matching assistance, career counseling and in some cases, financial aid for education/training or work support. They also can help with career planning, building a resume, preparing for interviews, job readiness, earning a GED, and gaining occupational skills. If a family meets eligibility requirements, Workforce Solutions may be able to help with financial assistance for child care. Additionally, the team helps employers find qualified applicants for specific jobs and develop custom solutions to strengthen their current workforce. For more information, visit www.detwork.org.