Pop-Up Workforce Centers, Online Training Courses, Child Care Assistance Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Connects People with Jobs and Businesses with Qualified Candidates.
July 1, 2022 - Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas continues in July to offer a multi-pronged free approach to helping Deep East Texas businesses thrive and get individuals back to work or on a path to sustainable careers.
Pop-Up Workforce Centers
To bring services closer to residents of the rural communities, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is partnering with local organizations and offering pop-up centers. Individuals have access to useful tools for finding a job, improving skills, and furthering or changing careers.
- Tuesday, July 5, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., at Groveton Public Library, 126 West 1st St, Groveton
- Wednesday, July 6, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Arthur Temple Memorial Library, 106 Timberland St., Pineland
- Thursday, July 7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Hemphill Housing Authority,102 Ash St., Hemphill
- Tuesday, July 12, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at the San Augustine Career Center, 1002 Barrett St., San Augustine
- Wednesday, July 13, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at Newton County Public Library, 212 High St., Newton
- Thursday, July 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Coldspring Area Public Library, 14221 Hwy 150 W, Coldspring
- Tuesday, July 19, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., at Groveton Public Library, 126 West 1st St, Groveton
- Thursday, July 21, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Allan Shivers Library & Museum, 302 N. Charlton, Woodville
- Monday, July 25, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Pineland Activity & Nutrition Center, 313 Dogwood, Pineland
- Tuesday, July 26, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at the San Augustine Career Center, 1002 Barrett St., San Augustine
- Wednesday, July 27, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the JR Huffman Library, 375 Sabine St., Hemphill
Free Online Learning with SkillUp Deep East Texas
Residents of Deep East Texas have free access to over 6,000 online learning courses to build skills and knowledge. SkillUp Deep East Texas is a cost-effective opportunity for people to develop certificate-based job skills and upgrade their existing skill levels without additional expenses for travel, childcare and program fees. Participants receive digital badges or certificates as they complete each training session. SkillUp Deep East Texas offers free access to workplace, business, and IT/software courses, as well as offering Texans the ability to explore career pathways in over 200 occupations. For individuals, the courses are a friendly and convenient way to increase skills, change industries, find a new career, or gain better employment in a high-demand industry. Courses are delivered through Metrix Learning provided by Skillsoft, the training provider for more than half the Fortune 500 companies. To get started, visit https://detwork.skillupamerica.org/ or contact a Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas center.
Child Care Assistance
Parents who are working or attending school may be eligible for help paying their child care expenses. Learn more: https://detwork.org/child-care-services/parents.
Workforce Centers are Open
The six Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas centers are OPEN, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Specialists are available to help with: job readiness, resume assistance, job search, skills training, paid work experience, virtual workshops, support services, and more. Individuals can book an appointment with a workforce specialist.
ANGELINA COUNTY, (936) 639-1351, 210 N. John Redditt, Lufkin
HOUSTON COUNTY, (936) 544-7859, 1505 S. 4th Street, Crockett
JASPER COUNTY, (409) 384-9031, 799 W. Gibson, Ste. 300, Jasper
NACOGDOCHES COUNTY, (936) 560-1441, 235 N. University Dr., Nacogdoches
POLK COUNTY, (936) 327-5421, 1241 West Church, Ste. 300, Livingston
SHELBY COUNTY, (936) 598-2468, 145 Catco Drive, Center
For those who have symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 or those who have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19, please call for virtual assistance.
Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers job fairs across the 12-county region. In-person and virtual assistance with registering, preparing for, and attending the events is available at the six workforce centers.
Check with the local workforce centers for hiring events near you. https://detwork.org/calendar.
Sign up for Jobs News by texting DETX to 1-855-502-0026.
Employers are encouraged to participate in the hiring events by calling 936-639-1351 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.