(Update below is in red)
October 8, 2019 - The 2019 East Texas Poultry Festival Broiler Sale brought over $135,000 with the grand champion pen of broilers selling for $7,000.
Sixty-eight Shelby County 4-H and FFA youth exhibited at this year's show, with 40 pens of broilers making the sale. We would like to give special thanks to Judge Jacob Coppage for taking the time to come judge the show. Mr. Coppage spoke to several of the exhibitors and gave them several tips on how to grow an outstanding broiler.
The results of the show are as follows:
Kalei Larock of Center FFA sold her grand champion pen of broilers to Farmer’s State Bank for $7,000.
Lance Holloway of Center FFA won reserve champion honors with his pen of broilers, which sold to Borders Poultry Supply for $6,000.
Other Shelby County 4-H and FFA members selling their pens and buyers were:
3. Kiptyn Phelps, Shelby County 4-H; Rick Campbell in honor of James & Mona Campbell; $5,999.00
4. Cale Cornelius, Timpson FFA; High Roller Wells and Spartan Structures; $5,000
5. Blake Collard, Center FFA; Ace Hardware of East Texas and East Texas Poultry; $3,500
6. Autum Andrusick, Shelby County 4-H; Hammer Equipment, K&L Contractors, JML Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle and Chubby Chicks; $2,500
7. Collin Lloyd, Shelbyville FFA; Deep East Texas Electric Co-op; $2,400
8. Klayton Larock, Center FFA; Despino Tire; $1,750
9. Mason Hughes, Joaquin FFA; Bird Forestry; $2,500
10. Clayton Hinton, Shelbyville FFA; First Financial Bank; $3,000
11. Jacie Lee, Shelby County 4-H; Sandhill Wrecker; $2,700
12. Taylor Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $2,800
13. Brayden Britt, Center FFA; Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters; $3,000
14. Julie Bird, Center FFA; Heritage Land Bank; $3,600
15. Megan Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters; $3,000
16. Kolton Smelley, Timpson FFA, Foster Forestry; $3,000
17. Camryn Crouch, Shelby County 4-H; Rydaco; $4,000
18. Guner Youngblood, Shelby County 4-H; Port-A-Cool; $3,700
19. Trista Britt, Center FFA; Ray Jones Chevrolet; $2,250
20. Hannah Wages, Center FFA; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $2,200
21. Carter Bell, Shelby County 4-H; President Donald Trump; $3,000
22. Kensleah Loftin, Joaquin FFA; American State Bank; $2,700
23. Emma Reese Whiteside, Shelby County 4-H; Borders Poultry Supply; $2,250
24. Wesley Wages, Center FFA; State Representative Chris Paddie; $2,500
25. Eli Bush, Center FFA; 4-B Trucking and DB Farms; $2,500
26. Hannah Hicks, Tenaha FFA; Sandhill Wrecker; $2,500
27. Sutton Link, Shelby County 4-H; McAdams Propane; $3,000
28. Mason Barbee, Shelby County 4-H; Ace Hardware of East Texas and East Texas Poultry; $2,750
29. Kyleigh Hendricks, Shelbyville FFA; Southern Fluid Solutions; $3,250
30. Emilee Elliott, Center FFA; Bird Forestry; $4,000
31. Camille Greer, Shelby County 4-H; Link Charolais and Mrs. Odessa Link; $3,000
32. Kenley Ramos, Center FFA; Governor Greg Abbott; $4,000
33. Ryker Tomlin, Center FFA; High Roller Wells and Spartan Structures; $3,750
34. Evan O’Rear, Shelby County 4-H; East Texas Surveying & Mapping and Raymond Construction; $3,250
35. Alexis Truitt, Center FFA; Ace Hardware of East Texas and East Texas Poultry; $2,750
36. John Austin Ford, Shelby County 4-H; R & D Distributing, Fish & Still, Center Tire Company and Keith Oswalt Logging; $3,000
37. Laura Anne Scull, Shelby County 4-H; Bird Forestry; $4,500
38. Colton Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Pilgrim’s Pride; $3,800
39. Hollie Hamilton, Joaquin FFA, Hammer Equipment, K&L Contractors, JML Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle, Chubby Chicks, Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters; $2,900
40. Mason Perry, Center FFA; Shelby Veterinary Associates, Citizens Bank, David & Renea Sanders, Matthews Real Estate, Sabine State Bank, Shelby Savings Bank and General Shelters
Kalei Larock, a senior at Center High School, will be awarded a $500 scholarship from Shelby Savings Bank for being the highest placing senior with her pen of broilers at Center’s awards ceremony.
Thanks goes to Boles Feed for the purchase of the wing bands and the wing-banding for the broilers.
Thank you to 4-L Logging for donating the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion buckles.
Tyson Foods - Carthage brought every pen that was under $2,600 up to $2,600 and added $25 to each pen.
Wiggins Farms and Elite Hair Design added $50 to each pen.
Center Glass added $25 to each pen.
Updated list of contributors for the 2019 Shelby County Broiler Show & Auction:
Farmers State Bank, James and Mona Campbell, High Roller Wells, Spartan Structures, Ace Hardware of East Texas, East Texas Poultry, Hammer Equipment, Borders Poultry Supply, K&L Contractors, JML Management, ULTRA, Klein Cattle and Chubby Chicks, Despino Tire, Deep East Texas Electric Co-op., Bird/Crawford Forestry, First Financial Bank, Sandhill Wrecker, Shelby County Farm Bureau, Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters, Heritage Land Bank, Foster Properties, Rydaco, Portacool, Ray Jones Chevrolet, Southern Fluid Solutions, Rick Campbell, President Donald Trump, American State Bank, State Representative Chris Paddie, 4”B” Trucking and DB Farms, McAdams Propane, Link Charolais, Odessa Link Farms, Governor Greg Abbott, East Texas Surveying & Mapping, Center Tire Company, Raymond Construction, Tyson-Carthage, R&D Distributing, Fish & Still Equipment, Keith Oswalt Logging, Citizens Bank, Hawkeye Hunting Club, Pilgrim’s Pride, Shelby Veterinary Associates, David & Renea Sanders, Mathews Real Estate, Sabine State Bank, Boles Feed, Elite Hair Design, Wiggins Farms, Wiggins Whitetails, Windham Family Dental, Donald & Lois O’Rear, Austin Bank-Timpson, 4-L Logging, Michael/Jessica Kay, Center Glass, Mettauer Law Firm, Few Ready Mix, Wheeler Law Office, Smith Sawmill Services, Dairy Queen, Bounds Insurance, Light & Champion Newspaper, Elliott Waldron Title Company, Judge Allison Harbison, Ihlo Sales & Imports, Ward Animal Clinic, Shelbyville Grocery, Dean’s Hardware, Steel Building Supply, Shoop Financial, Worsham Grocery, Action Credit, Payne’s Community News, Payne’s Rentals, Wayne Christian Financial, Judge Leann Rafferty, Hardy’s Machine Shop, Matheson
We would like to take this time to say thank you from the Shelby County 4-H and FFA members and the Broiler Show Committee to Contributors, for their generous contributions and to the many volunteers that help make the annual “Broiler Show and Auction” the great event that it is every year!