June 4, 2021 - Did you ever wake up early Sunday morning, the neighbors are all in bed, the streets are quiet and the yards are empty? The world is asleep as you prepare for worship on the Lord’s day. That’s what you get for being a Christian.
Did you ever leave dishes in the sink, a blouse un-ironed and the floors un-swept to visit a sick friend or run an errand for someone confined to home? That’s what you get for being a Christian.
Did you ever say no to a social gathering for all day on the Lord’s Day? That’s what you get for being a Christian.
Did you ever work with a group of people who use profanity, live loose lives morally who think you are strange because you are a Christian and not like they are?
All of that is what you get for being a Christian. Yet, think what is yours for being a Christian:
- You are a child of the King.
- You are loved and cared for.
- You have a peace and happiness the world does not know and cannot take away.
- You shall inherit eternal life.
- You have a Father to whom you can take all your unresolved problems. A Father who abolishes fear and doubt.
All of those things are yours when you become a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, living His kind of life, His way.
It’s something to think about…..TBP
Center Church of Christ