January 14, 2020 - A Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center ISD will be held January 16, 2020, beginning at 12pm in the Center Independent School District Administration Boardroom 107 PR 605 Center, TX 75935.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
3. Presentation of the 2018-2019 Annual Audit Report Presenter: Elizabeth Fawsett, Wilf & Henderson, P.C.
4. Recognition of School Board
5. Public Comments/Audience Participation
6. Consent Agenda
6. 1. Minutes
6. 2. Tax Office Report
6. 3. Monthly Financial Statement
6. 4. Payment Approval
6. 5. Investment Report
6. 6. Quarterly Investment Report
6. 7. Overnight Student Activity Trips
6. 8. Amendments to the Budget
6. 9. Resolution for the Shelby County 4-H Organization to be Sanctioned as an Extracurricular Activity
6. 10. Adjunct Faculty Agreement with Texas A&M and Shelby County AgriLife Extension Service
7. Review Bond Project and Budget (Operations Goal) Presenter: Arnie Kelley
8. Report on K-12 Writing Protocols and Writing Samples (Student Goal) Presenter: Shelly Norvell and Teresa Richard
9. Discussion of Resurfacing the Track and Field at Roughrider Stadium Presenter: Arnie Kelley
10. Consideration to Approve Proposal for Multi-Purpose Event Center
11. Closed Session
11. 1. District Employees and Officers: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
11. 1. 1. §551.071 An executive session will be held for the purpose of having private consultation with the Board's attorney when the governmental body seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation or a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of counsel to his client, under the Code of Professional Responsibility of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Act.
11. 1. 2. §551.074 Deliberate the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
11. 1. 2. 1. Discussion of the Superintendent Search and Timeline for the Search Process
11. 1. 2. 2. Resignation/Retirement of Personnel
11. 1. 2. 3. Employment of Personnel
11. 1. 2. 4. Extended Emergency Sick Leave
11. 1. 3. §551.129 A governmental body may use a telephone conference call, video conference call, or communications over the internet to conduct a public consultation with its attorney in an open meeting of the governmental body or a private consultation with its attorney in a closed meeting of the governmental body
11. 2. Real Property: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.072 and §551.129
12. Open Session
12. 1. District Employees and Officers: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
12. 1. 1. Consideration and Board Action, if any, for the Superintendent Search and Timeline for the Search Process
12. 1. 2. Resignation/Retirement of Personnel
12. 1. 3. Employment of Personnel
12. 1. 4. Extended Emergency Sick Leave
12. 2. Real Property: Texas Gov't Code §551.071, §551.072 and §551.129