September 5, 2018 - A special called meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center Independent School District (CISD) was held on Friday, August 31, 2018 beginning at 12:00 p.m. at Center Independent School District Administrative Office Building located at 107 Private Road 605 in Center, Texas 75935.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum - Matthew Mettauer called the meeting to order at 12:03 p.m. and declared a quorum. Present was Greg Hubbard; John Henry Holloway; Daphne LaRock; Casey Lout; Matthew Mettauer; Betty McDaniel, Director of Finance and James Hockenberry, Superintendent. Absent was Allison Johnson and Brett Scarber. Visitors were Danny Berry, Berry and Clay Construction; David Golden, McKinley Golden Architects and Teresa Richard, Director of Instruction and Response to Intervention.
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance - John Henry Holloway led the invocation and Greg Hubbard led the Pledges of Allegiance.
3. Consider Approval of Amendments to the 2017-2018 Budget - A motion was made by John Henry Holloway, seconded by Greg Hubbard to amend the 2017-2018 budget for balancing, closing and readying for the annual audit. The amendments were: TRS on behalf of payments, August accruals, Operating, Construction, Cafeteria, Debt Service and Student Activity accounts. The motion carried 5-0.
4. Public Hearing on the Adoption of the 2018-2019 Proposed Budget and Proposed Tax Rate - A public hearing was held on the adoption of the 2018-2019 proposed budget and proposed tax rate.
5. Consider Adoption of the 2018-2019 Budget - John Henry Holloway moved that the Board adopt for the 2018-2019 school year the following budgets: the Maintenance and Operation (M&O) budget of $22,595,376, the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program budget of $1,461,229; the Interest and Sinking (I&S) budget of $2,158,242; the QSCN budget $467,000 and the Construction Fund budget of $12,000,000. The motion was seconded by Casey Lout. The motion carried 5-0.
6. Consider Adoption of the 2018-2019 Tax Rate - John Henry Holloway moved that the Board adopt for the 2018-2019 school year the following tax rates: the Maintenance and Operation (M&O) tax rate of $1.1700 and the Interest and Sinking (I&S) tax rate of $0.2438 for a total tax rate of $1.4138. The motion was seconded by Daphne LaRock. The motion carried 5-0.
7. Consideration to Award Proposal for Package A of the Bond Program, the Construction of CES Parking Lot and Driveway Expansion Project - A motion was made by John Henry Holloway, seconded by Greg Hubbard to approve the proposal for Package A of the Bond Program; the Construction of CES Parking Lot and Driveway Expansion Project for the base bid of $494,280 and Alternate #2 Tower Canopy for a guaranteed maximum amount of $645,006. The Package A Proposal Cost with the Alternate came in well under the planning budget and cost estimate for this package of the Bond program. The motion carried 5-0.
8. Consideration to Approve Waivers for the 2018-2019 School Year - A motion was made by Casey Lout, seconded by Daphne LaRock to approve the following waivers for the 2018-2019 school year: Modified Schedule/State Assessment Testing Days, Timeline for Accelerated Instruction and Teacher Data Portal of the Texas Assessment Management System. The motion carried 5-0.
9. Consideration to Change the September 13th Regular Monthly Meeting - The regular meeting of the Board will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at noon at Center Middle School.
10. Adjournment - A motion was made by Casey Lout, seconded by Greg Hubbard to adjourn the meeting at 12:36 p.m. The motion carried 5-0.