June 29, 2018 - A special called meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center Independent School District (CISD) was held on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 beginning at 12:00 p.m. at Center Independent School District Administrative Office Building located at 107 Private Road 605 in Center, Texas 75935.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum - Matthew Mettauer called the meeting to order at 12:00 p.m. and declared a quorum. Present was John Henry Holloway; Allison Johnson; Casey Lout; Matthew Mettauer; Betty McDaniel, Director of Finance and James Hockenberry, Superintendent. Brett Scarber; Greg Hubbard and Daphne LaRock were absent.
Visitors were Matt Gregory, CHS Principal; Heath Hagler, CIS Principal; Jake Henson, CMS Principal and Mickey Wulf, Interim Special Education Director
2. Closed Session: Matthew Mettauer called for a closed session at 12:01 p.m. under Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.072, §551.074 and §551.29 for consideration of resignation/retirement of personnel, employment of personnel and real property.
3. Open Session: The Board returned into open session at 12:13 p.m. No action was taken in closed session.
3.1 District Employees and Officers: Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
3.1.1 Resignation/Retirement of Personnel: A motion was made by Casey Lout, seconded by John Henry Holloway to accept the resignations/retirements as recommended by Superintendent Hockenberry.
- Nikki Clark, CIS Teacher, Resignation
- Haleigh Cooper, CMS Teacher, Resignation
- William Hudspeth, CMS Teacher, Resignation
- Sarah Martin, CMS Teacher, Resignation
The motion carried 4-0.
3.1.2 Employment of PersonnelL A motion was made by Casey Lout, seconded by John Henry Holloway to approve the employment of personnel as recommended by Superintendent Hockenberry.
- James Broyles, Social Studies Teacher, Center High School
- Michelle Cocklin, Math Teacher, Center Middle School
- Elissa Cooke, Agriculture Science/Floral Design, Center High School
- Kelly Miller, Teacher, Center Middle School
The motion carried 4-0.
3.2 Real Property: Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.072 and §551.129
3.2.1 A motion was made by Allison Johnson, seconded by John Henry Holloway to authorize the terms of a contract for the acquisition of real property by the Center Independent School District and to authorize the President of the Board of Trustees to sign the contract and any other documents required and to authorize the Secretary of the Board to attest the signature of the Board President. The motion carried 4-0.
4. Adjournment: A motion was made by John Henry Holloway, seconded by Allison Johnson to adjourn the meeting at 12:14 p.m. The motion carried 4-0.