July 16, 2021 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet for a Regular Scheduled Council Meeting on Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 6 p.m. at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 N. Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum
4. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
5. Awards: Present awards to the MVP’s Joaquin girls for the Texas State Softball Tournament 8 and under.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizen’s Input Form maybe filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department Head Reports:
a. Utility Billing Manager Report – Monthly Receipts
b. Public Works Manager Report
c. City Secretary Report
8. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the previous months minutes.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the financials.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider options for Bank building upon vacancy.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider options of eliminating hogs in the City Limits.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider allowing Armor Exteriors to install gutters on Historical Building.
Consider entering executive session personnel Matters with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session in accordance with Government Code Section 551.074.
a. 90 day evaluation – City Secretary
b. Michael Bates
14. Council reconvenes & possible action: Possible actions on matters discussed in executive session.
15. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matter not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the Open Meetings Act, Please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-269-3021.
Posted by Casey Davis on July 16, 2021 at 10:50 a.m.