September 11, 2020 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 6pm at the Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas. Will be available via videoconference at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4453645221 and via facebook live at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010140665244&ref=bookmarks
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Open Forum.
4. Council approval of the previous month's minutes.
5. Monthly Reports:
a. Utility Billing Manager
• Report - Monthly receipts
b. Public Works Manager
• Update — Sewer, Water, & Gas
6. Discussion & Council Action on Payment of Bills.
7. Discussion & Council Action Ron Lepow RV Park Conversion. (Bill)
8. Discussion & Council Action on 2018 — 2019 Audit.
9. Discussion & Council Action on approval of City of Joaquin 2020-2021 Budget.
10. Discussion on MHS Planning with Hunter Rush for TP&W grant suggestions. (Bill)
11. Discussion on CDBG-MIT and other grant opportunities.
12. Discuss and possible approve assuming the rent and utilities of the building belonging to Dennis Leggett. (Bill)
13. Discussion & Council Action on B&B Answering Service. (Bill)
14. Discussion & Council Action on re opening Williams St. (Bill)
15. Discussion & Council Action on adoption of proposed tax rate for tax year 2020 ( 0.344900 per $100 of value).
16. Discussion & Council Action on Appointment of Election Judge.
17. Discussion & Council Action on Setting Dates for extended Early Voting hours — Monday & Tuesday, October 26 & 27, 2020.
18. Discussion & Council Action on Economic Development plan. (Mike)
19. Discussion & Council Action on approval of Joaquin FFA sign at City limits near Crystal Lake. (Mike)
20. Discussion & Council Action on City paying half of wraps on new gooseneck trailer for Joaquin FFA. (Mike)
21. Discussion & Council Action on Opening of Bids for 1990 GMC truck.
If during the course of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed sessloc, the Council will convene In executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.
Posted by Paula Guzman on September 11, 2020 at 12:20pm.
Mayor Baker and City of Joaquin are inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: City of Joaquin Regularly Scheduled Council Meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4453645221
Meeting ID: 445 364 5221
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,4453545221# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,4453645221# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 445 364 5221
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kccHNdsAib