September 3, 2019 - Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the governing body of the City of Tenaha will be held on the 12th day of September 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 238 North George Bowers Drive, Tenaha, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be discussed.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Pledge and Prayer
3. Roll Call to establish that a quorum is present
4. Council will enter Closed Session accordance to Section 551.071. Consultations with Attorney. Section 551.071 authorizes a governmental body to consult with its attorney in an executive session to seek his or her advice on legal matters.
It provides as follows: A governmental body may not conduct a private consultation with its attorney except:
(1) when the governmental body seeks the advice of its attorney about:
(A) pending or contemplated litigation; or
(B) a settlement offer; or
(2) on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with this chapter.
5. Return to Open Session and Action if Required