February 19, 2021 - The Tenaha City Council will meet in a Regular City Council Meeting on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 5:30 pm, Tenaha, Texas.
Face mask are required to enter the building and designated seating will be provided due to social distancing.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum.
4. Pledge: United States Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Department Head Reports:
a. Public Works Report
b. Municipal Court Report
c. Police Department Report
d. City Secretary Report
e. Fire Department Report
7. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
a. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Monday, January 25, 2021.
b. Scheduling Next Month’s meeting for Monday, March 22, 2021 at 5:30 pm.
Regular Agenda Items (8-13)
8. Present Racial Profiling Report to the Council.
9. Discuss Account Payables, Contracts, Previous Finances and How Accounts are set up.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and Consider approving the January 2021 Financials.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and Consider approval of paying loan(s) no. 66493, 66494, 66492 and 66879 to First National Bank of Wichita Falls for (4) 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe’s Police Fleet.
12. Executive Session:
Consider entering executive session personnel matters with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session in accordance with Government Code Section 551.074. (Police Chief Position and Hiring of a full time employee in the Public Works Department)
End of Executive Session - Reconvene into open session and take any action necessary because of the Executive Session.
13. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act. The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-248-3841.