January 23, 2023 - Notice is hereby given that a regular called meeting of the governing body of the City of Tenaha will be held on Monday the 23rd day of January 2023 at 5:30 pm at Tenaha City Hall, 238 North George Bowers Drive, Tenaha, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Pledge: United States Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the agenda, or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form must be filled out and filed in with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Department Head Reports:
A. Public Works
B. Municipal Court
C. Police Department
D. Fire Department
E. City Secretary
7. Discussion and possible action on approving the minutes for the December 2022 City Council meeting(s).
8. Discussion and possible action on approving the financials for December 2022.
9. Order a General Election to be held on Saturday May 6, 2023. (SOS Form1-2)
10. Consider entering executive session (Personnel Matters Government Code Section 551.074 with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session.)
Reconvene into open session and take any action necessary because of the Executive Session.
11. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.41. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas on 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary on 936-248-3841.