May 9, 2022 - The Tenaha City Council will meet in a Special Called City Council Meeting on Thursday, May 12, 2022, at 5:30 pm, Tenaha, Texas.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum.
4. Pledge: United States Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items, or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Executive Session:
Consider entering executive session Personnel Matters Government Code Section 551.074 with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session. (Resignation of Kesiah Giles Public Works Operator)
End of Executive Session
Reconvene into open session and take any action necessary because of the Executive Session.
7. Canvass Votes for the General Election held on Saturday May 7, 2022.
8. Provide Official Statement of Elected Officer and Oath of Office to the newly elected Mayor and City Council Members. SOS Forms 10-2 and 10-3.
9. Representative from Piney Woods Sanitation to give presentation on Waste Services.
10. Representative from Ameri-Tec to give presentation on Waste Services.
11. Representative from R & J Recycling & Disposal to give presentation on Waste Services.
12. Council Report(s): Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-248-3841.