July 30, 2020 - The Texas Transportation Commission met virtually in Austin by audio Thursday and approved more than $947.2 million in new construction projects statewide and more than $37.8 million in maintenance contracts statewide. Commissioners also recognized Lufkin District Engineer Cheryl P. Flood upon her retirement after 38 years of service.
Chief Engineer Bill Hale honored DE Cheryl P. Flood and recognized her for her years of service that included a few memories from district employees and comments from TxDOT Executive Director James M. Bass, Commission Chairman J. Bruce Bugg Jr., Commissioner Alvin New, Commissioner Laura Ryan, and Commissioner Robert C. Vaughn.
In other business, the commission approved more than $5.2 million designated for new construction projects and more than $2.9 million designated for new maintenance projects in the Lufkin District.
Construction projects approved for the district included:
- Districtwide: A $1.9 million project designated for profile striping in 35 locations throughout the district. Stripe-A-Zone, Grand Prairie, TX, will serve as contractor for the project.
- San Augustine County: A $1.6 million project designated for pedestrian sidewalks and ramps on SH 19 in Lovelady, SH 147 in Broaddus and SH 21 and SH 147 in San Augustine. Project Allied Resources, LLC, Bellaire, TX, will serve as contractor for the project.
- Trinity County: A $975,968 project designated for the construction of sidewalks and ramps in the city of Groveton. Ti-Zack Concrete, Inc., Le Center, MN, will serve as contractor for the project.
- Houston County: A $732,076 project designated for a bridge replacement and new approaches on CR 4180 at White Rock Creek and tributary. Stateline Construction LLC, Quitman, TX, will serve as contractor for the project.
Maintenance projects approved for the district included:
- San Jacinto County: A $1.7 million project designated for mill and inlay operations at various locations in San Jacinto, Trinity and Houston counties. Big Creek Construction LTD, Hewitt, TX, will serve as contractor for the project.
- Angelina County: A $939,518 project designated for mill and inlay operations in various locations in Angelina, Nacogdoches and Shelby counties. Moore Bros. Construction Co., Lufkin, will serve as contractor for the project.
- Nacogdoches County: $330,000 designated for flex-base material intended for use in various maintenance projects in Nacogdoches County. Longview Asphalt Inc., Longview, will provide the material that will be stored at the Nacogdoches County Maintenance facility.
For more information, contact Rhonda.Oaks@txdot.gov or at (936) 633-4395.