October 5, 2020 - The 2020 East Texas Poultry Festival Broiler Show started off the day at the Shelby County Expo Center.
Fifty-eight Shelby County 4-H and FFA youth exhibited at this year's show, with 40 pens of broilers making the sale. We would like to give special thanks to Judge Micah Osburn for taking the time to come judge the show. Mr. Osburn spoke to several of the exhibitors and gave them several tips on how to grow an outstanding broiler.
The 2020 East Texas Poultry Festival Broiler Sale started at 7 P.M. under the big tent behind the Shelby County Civic Center. A total of $132,750 was raised for 4-H and FFA youth!
The grand champion pen of broilers was exhibited by Jacie Lee of Center FFA and purchased by Farmer’s State Bank for $7,500.
The reserve grand champion pen of broilers was exhibited by Laura Anne Scull of Shelby County 4-H and sold to East Texas Poultry Supply and Ace Hardware of East Texas for $6,000.
Other Shelby County 4-H and FFA members selling their pens and buyers were:
3. Molly Scull, Shelby County 4-H; McAdam’s Propane; $4,750.
4. Autum Andrusick, Shelby County 4-H; Spartan Structures; $3,500.
5. Mason Hughes, Joaquin FFA; Pilgrim’s Pride; $3,000.
6. Carter Greer, Shelby County 4-H; Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters, Campbell’s Portable Buildings; $3,250.
7. Klayton LaRock, Center FFA; High Roller Logistics; $3,500.
8. Logan Williams, Shelbyville FFA; Hawkeye Hunting Club; $3,500.
9. Brayden Britt, Center FFA; Link Charolais and Odessa Link; $3,000.
10. Collin Lloyd, Shelbyville FFA; McAdams Propane and Covington Lumber; $4,500.
11. Cale Cornelius, Shelby County 4-H; Spartan Structures; $3,500.
12. Kolton Smelley, Timpson FFA; Pilgrim’s Pride; $3,000.
13. Alexis Truitt, Center FFA; East Texas Poultry Supply and Ace Hardware of East Texas; $3,000.
14. Megan Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Austin Bank-Timpson; $3,500.
15. Gracie Boyd, Shelby County 4-H; East Texas Electric Co-Op; $3,000.
16. Taylor Gutermuth, Timpson FFA; Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters and Campbell’s Portable Buildings; $3,500.
17. Addison Lloyd, Shelbyville FFA; Despino’s Tire; $3,000.
18. Hollie Hamilton, Joaquin FFA; State Representative Chris Paddie and Deep East Texas Electric Co-Op; $3,000.
19. Chance Shuemaker, Joaquin FFA; East Texas Surveying and Mapping and Raymond Construction; $3,250.
20. Lance Holloway, Center FFA; Heritage Land Bank; $6,000.
21. Landree Jousan, Shelby County 4-H; Port-A-Cool; $3,500.
22. Sayre Hall, Center FFA; Bird Forestry; $3,000.
23. Mason Fults, Joaquin FFA; American State Bank; $2,500.
24. Addison Whiteside, Shelby County 4-H; McAdam’s Propane; $2,500.
25. Tucker Meyer, Center FFA; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $2,800.
26. Trista Britt, Center FFA; Citizen’s Bank; $2,500.
27. Naomie Meyers, Joaquin FFA; Cornerstone Construction, Shelby Veterinary Associates, Dean’s Hardware, Steel Building Supply and Worsham Grocery; $2,500.
28. Hannah Hicks, Tenaha FFA; Covington Lumber; $3,100.
29. Mason Perry, Center FFA; Tyson-Carthage; $2,700.
30. Kenson LaRock, Center FFA; High Roller/Limitless Supply; $2,500.
31. Emma Reese Whiteside, Shelby County 4-H; Pilgrim’s Pride; $2,700.
32. Clayton Hinton; Shelbyville FFA; Despino’s Tire; $2,500.
33. Eli Bush, Shelby County 4-H; 4B Trucking and DB Farms; $2,700.
34. Emilee Elliott, Center FFA; Bird Forestry; $3,500.
35. Jase Bird, Center FFA; Shelby Savings Bank, General Shelters and Campbell’s Portable Buildings; $3,000.
36. Carter Bell, Shelby County 4-H; Windham Family Dental, David and Renea Sanders and Shelby County Today; $2,500.
37. Baylee Whiteside, Shelby County 4-H; Tyson-Carthage; $2,250.
38. Kadence Polley, Shelby County 4-H; K&L Contractors, ULTRA, Hammer Equipment, Chris Taylor, Collin Hairgove and Marcus McCann; $2,500.
39. Cori Lawson, Shelby County 4-H; Tyson-Center; $3,250.
40. Camille Greer, Shelby County 4-H; Shelby County Farm Bureau; $3,000.
Logan Williams, a senior at Shelbyville High School, will be awarded a $500 scholarship from Shelby Savings Bank at Shelbyville’s awards ceremony for being the highest placing senior with his pen of broilers.
Thanks goes to Boles Feed for the purchase of the wing bands and the wing-banding for the broilers.
Thank you to 4-L Logging for donating the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion buckles.
All exhibitors making the sale will receive a minimum of $3,250.00 with a donation received from Border’s Poultry Supply to increase auction proceeds.
First Financial Bank added $50.00 to each pen.
Also contributing to the sale were: Bird/Crawford Forestry, Borders Poultry, Farmers State Bank, Shelby County Farm Bureau, Shelby Savings Bank, American State Bank, Ace Hardware, East Texas Poultry, High Roller Wells, Limitless Supply, Spartan Structures, Austin Bank - Timpson, Pilgrim's Pride, Portacool, Tyson - Carthage, Covington Lumber, Heritage Land Bank, Deep East Texas Electric, Despino's Tire, First Financial Bank, General Shelters, McAdams Propane, State Representative Chris Paddie, Hawkeye Hunting Club, East Texas Surveying and Mapping, Raymond Construction, Link Charolais, Ms. Odessa Link, Hammer Equipment, Chris Taylor, Collin Hairgrove, Marcus McCann, R&D Distributing, Fish and Still Equipment, 4B Trucking, DB Farms, Windham Family Dental, Cornerstone Construction, Shelby County Today, Shelby Veterinary Associates, Center Tire Company, Keith Oswalt Logging, Cititzens Bank, David and Renea Sanders, Mathews Real Estate, Sabine State Bank, Boles Feed, ULTRA, K&L Contractors, Mettauer Law Firm, Few Ready Mix, Wheeler Law Office, Smith Sawmill Services, 4-L Logging, Dairy Queen, Bounds Insurance, Light and Champion Newspaper, Elliott Waldren Title Co., Judge Allison Harbison, Ihlo Sales and Imports, Ward Animal Clinic, Dean's Hardware, Steel Building Supply, Shoop Financial, Worsham's Grocery, Hardy's Machine Shop, Action Credit, Payne's Rentals, Payne's Community News, Wayne Christian Financial
We would like to take this time to say thank you from the Shelby County 4-H and FFA members and the Broiler Show Committee to all the Contributors, for their generous contributions and to the many volunteers that help make the annual “Broiler Show and Auction” the great event that it is every year.