June 5, 2019 - Five local high school students will be headed to college with a scholarship from Nacogdoches Medical Center (NMC). Each year the hospital awards deserving students $1,000 to help start them on their college journey. This year five exceptional students were selected from among dozens of applicants.
“We are pleased to be able to help support the future goals of our local students,” said Phil Koovakada, NMC CEO. “There are so many extraordinary young women and men in our community. These five stand out as the best of the best. We wish them much success in their college careers.”
This year’s winners are:
- Molly Mason - Joaquin High School
- Mikayla Whitlow - Mt. Enterprise High School
- Rebecca Mathis -Timpson High School
- Macey Jo Hanson - Timpson High School
- Sharmaine Sison - Nacogdoches High School
Applications for the NMC scholarships are available at all area schools.