June 6, 2019 - The National Forests and Grasslands in Texas is waiving fees at day-use recreation sites June 8 for National Get Outdoors Day.
“We hope this free day offers an incentive to all people to experience the great outdoors in our forests and grasslands,” Forest Supervisor Eddie Taylor said.
Camping fees remain in effect, but day-use fees will be waived on Saturday, June 8 at these recreation areas and trails:
- Angelina National Forest: Caney Creek and Townsend.
- Sabine National Forest: Haley’s Ferry, Red Hill, East Hamilton, Indian Mounds, Lakeview and Willow Oak.
- Davy Crockett National Forest: Ratcliff Lake and Piney Creek Horse Trail.
- Sam Houston National Forest: Cagle Boat Ramp, Scotts Ridge, and Double Lake.
- Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson National Grasslands: Coffee Mill Lake, Black Creek Lake, and East Lake Crockett.
Other fee-free days are National Public Lands Day and Veteran’s Day weekend.
For more information, contact the Angelina District Office at 936-897-1068; Sabine District Office at 409-625-1940; Davy Crockett District Office at 936-655-2299; Sam Houston District Office at 936-344-6205; the Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson Grasslands at 940-627-5475, or visit the website at: www.fs.usda.gov/texas.