April 12, 2019 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet in regular session Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 6pm at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 North Preston, Joaquin, Texas.
Order of Business
1. Call to order, establish quorum & welcome guest.
2. Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Open Forum.
4. Council approval of the previous meeting’s minutes.
5. Monthly Reports:
a. City Secretary- Administrative updates.
b. Utility Billing Manager Report -- Monthly Receipts & Adjustments Report.
c. Public Works Manager-Update – Departmental Updates
d. Water Department-Update—Ongoing Water Projects
e. Events Committee - Report.
f. Joaquin Public Safety Development Committee -Report.
g. Joaquin Economic Development Committee -Report
6. Council approval on Payment of Bills.
7. Discussion & Council Action 2019 TML Health rerate.
8. Discussion & Council Action on opening sealed bids and selection of bids for possible automatic water meter project.
9. Discuss & Council Action to award a contract for administration and planning services related to the planning grant, TxCDBG Contract No. 7218074
10. Presentation Raymond K. Vann- FAST Grant
11. Discussion & Council Action on designation of Scope of Work for bidding process—Building Steve Hughes Drive.
12. Discussion & Council Action on setting a workshop day with City Council & committees of the City to discuss ongoing & future projects.
13. Council will hold a closed Executive Session Meeting-Consultations with Attorney (551.071).
a) Legal Advice- Personnel Matters
b) Legal Advice- Code enforcement /Municipal Judge
c) Legal Advice- Possible contracts relating to City Property.
14. Council reconvenes & possible action on matters discussed in executive session.
If during the course of the meeting, any discussion of items on the Agenda should be held in executive or closed session, the Council will convene in executive or closed session, in accordance With the Texas Open Meetings Act, Governmental Code Section 551 and Texas Revised Civil Statutes.