August 19, 2015 - The Joaquin ISD School Board met Monday, August 17, 2015 in regular session at 6:00 p.m. in the Joaquin Boardroom with the following members present: Jay Dee Cockrell, Ronnie Belrose, Charles Leflett, Chrisco Bragg, Thomas Harvey and Jimmy Hamilton. Board member absent was Tam Hearnsberger. Guest present was Jeff Cater. Joaquin ISD Employees present were Phil Worsham, Superintendent; Joel Bumback, Director of Finance; Jimmy Jackson, High School Principal; Sherry Scruggs, Elementary Principal; Terri Gray, Jr. High Principal; Donna Vergo, Human Resources; Steven McCann, Athletic Director; Kathy Carrington, Special Education Director.
Jay Dee Cockrell, President, called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
2) The invocation was led by Ronnie Belrose, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America by Jimmy Hamilton, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag was led by Chrisco Bragg.
3) Audience Participation – Those signed up and participating were: None
4) Report and Information items:
4.1 Review Monthly Financial Reports – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
4.2 Review Handbooks (Employee, Student, Transportation)
4.3 Discuss 2015-16 Proposed Budget
5) Agenda Items for discussion, consideration, and possible action:
5.1 It was moved by Chrisco Bragg, and seconded by Charles Leflett, to approve the minutes from previous month’s meeting. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
5.2 It was moved by Charles Leflett, and seconded by Jimmy Hamilton, to approve engagement letter with Goff & Herrington, P.C. certified Public Accountants for annual auditor services. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
6) The board entered closed session in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section §551.071 and §551.074 at 6:40 p.m. on August 17, 2015.
6.1 Resignations, hiring and Contracts–Texas Government Code Section 551.074, 551.127 and 551.129 (See Attached Code)
6.1.1 Superintendent’s Salary
7) The board entered open session in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act at 6:52 p.m. on August 17, 2015. Agenda Items for discussion, consideration, and possible action:
7.1 Resignations, hiring and Contracts
7.1.1 It was moved by Charles Leflett, and seconded by Chrisco Bragg, to leave Superintendent’s Contract as is (attached) with no salary increase. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
8) Jay Dee Cockrell, Board President, asked for items to be placed on the next board agenda. None noted at this time
9) Designation of date and time of next meeting of the meeting (s) of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – Public Meeting for Budget – August 27th, 5:30 p.m.
Special Meeting – August 27th, 6:00 p.m. Regular Monthly Meeting – September 21st, 6:00 p.m.
10) With no further business on the agenda the meeting was adjourned at 6:54 p.m.