July 22, 2015 - The Joaquin ISD School Board met Monday, July 20, 2015 in regular session at 6:00 p.m. in the Joaquin Boardroom with the following members present: Jay Dee Cockrell, Ronnie Belrose, Charles Leflett, Chrisco Bragg (Arrived 6:02 p.m.), Tam Hearnsberger and Thomas Harvey. Board members absent: Jimmy Hamilton. Guest(s) Present: Wayne Haglund, District Attorney; Billie Jean Kay, Joaquin ISD Employee(s) Present: Phil Worsham, Superintendent; Joel Bumback, Director of Finance; Jimmy Jackson, High School Principal; Bert Coan, Assistant Elementary Principal; Donna Vergo, Human Resources; Kathy Carrington, Special Education Director; Steven McCann, Athletic Director.
Jay Dee Cockrell, President, called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
2) The invocation was led by Ronnie Belrose, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America by Thomas Harvey, and the Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag was led by Charles Leflett.
3) Audience Participation – Those signed up and participating were: None
4) Report and Information items:
4.1. Review Monthly Financial Reports – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
4.2. Calendar for 2015-2016 Budget and Tax Rate meetings – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
4.3. Review Business Office Procedures & Federal and State Grants Manual – Joel Bumback, Director of Finance
4.4. Report on procedures and policy for student searches – Principals
4.5. Discussion on input from staff about the District to the Board
4.6. Special Board meeting for TASB Team of 8 Training – July 23rd 6 p.m.
5) Agenda Items for discussion, consideration, and possible action:
5.1 It was moved by Chrisco Bragg, and seconded by Charles Leflett, to approve minutes from previous month’s meeting. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
5.2 It was moved by Tam Hearnsberger, and seconded by Ronnie Belrose, to approve the a District Code-Of-Conduct for 2015-2016 School Year (Attached). Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
5.3 It was moved by Tam Hearnsberger, and seconded by Ronnie Belrose, to approve the Speech and Language Pathology Services Proposal with Shelly Kruebbe for 2015-16 school year. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
5.4 It was moved by Ronnie Belrsoe, and seconded by Chrisco Bragg, to approve the 2015-16 Compensation Plan. Following discussion, a vote was taken on the motion. It carried unanimously.
6) The board entered closed session in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section §551.071 and §551.074 at 7:03 p.m. on July 20, 2015.
6.1 Texas Government Code Section 551.071 and 551.074
a. Review Superintendent’s Goals (Formative Conference)
b. Legal services for the District - Wayne Haglund, Attorney
7) The board entered open session in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act at 7:35 p.m. on July 20, 2015. Agenda Items for discussion, consideration, and possible action:
7.1. Superintendent’s Goals – No Actions taken
8) Jay Dee Cockrell, Board President, asked for items to be placed on the next board agenda. Input from staff to Board - Comments about District
9) Designation of date and time of next meeting of the meeting (s) of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – Special Meeting – August 10th, 6:00 p.m.
Regular Monthly – August 17th, 6:00 p.m.
Special Meeting – August 27th, 6:00 p.m.
10) With no further business on the agenda the meeting was adjourned at 7:38 p.m.