January 15, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that on the 19th day of January, 2016 the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin School District will hold a regular meeting at 6:00 p.m., at the Administration building, Joaquin, Texas.
The subjects to be discussed are listed on the agenda attached to and made a part of this Notice. If, during the course of the meeting covered by this Notice, the Board of Trustees should determine that a closed session of the Board of Trustees is required, then such closed session as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Section 551.001 et seq., Texas Education Code, will be held by the School Board at the date, may conveniently meet in such closed session concerning any and all purposes permitted by the Act.
1. Roll call, establishment of quorum, call to order – Joaquin ISD could have members via video conference call – Texas Government Code Section 551.127 (See Attached Code)
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
3. Audience Participation – In accordance with Joaquin ISD Policy BED Local no presentation shall exceed five
minutes. Delegations of more than five persons shall appoint one person to present their views before the Board.
4. Report/Information items:
4.1 Board Appreciation Month and BETA Club Presentation
4.2 TASB Local Policy Review – Amy Kadlecek, Texas Association of School Board
4.3 Student Transfer Agreement
4.4 Announce Board Training Hours and Attendance
4.5 Review Monthly Financial Reports – Joel Bumback
5. Agenda Items for consideration and possible action:
5.1 Minutes from previous month’s meeting
5.2 Approve District Goals and Objectives for improvement
5.3 Call a school board election for May 7, 2016
6. Enter Closed Session
6.1 Enter closed session under Texas Government Codes §551.071, §551.074, §551.082, §551.0821, §551.127, §551.129 (See Attached Code)
6.1.1 On recommendation of the Superintendent to create new positions in the Joaquin ISD
7. Return to Open Session - Agenda Items for consideration and possible action:
7.1 Consideration and Board Action, if any, authorize the appointment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline of employees
7.1.1 On recommendation of the Superintendent to create new positions in the Joaquin ISD
8. Recommendations for items to be placed on agenda for next Board meeting
9. Designation of date and time of next regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Joaquin ISD – February 16, 2016, at 6:00 p.m.