February 10, 2017 - Notice is hereby given that a Regular meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 13th day of February, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve the minutes of the January 9, 2017 Regular Meeting, and the January 23th, 2017 Special Meeting, of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court.
2. Approve and pay the monthly expenses.
3. Approve Officers’ Reports.
4. Public Comments on Agenda items.
5. District Attorney and County Auditor to discuss and record establishments of Pretrial Intervention Program Fund in accordance with the Criminal Code of Procedure, Article 102.0121.
6. Discuss and possibly approve an Amendment to the LexisNexis subscription by adding the District Attorney. This subscription is currently paid out of the Law Library Fund.
7. Discuss and possibly authorize the purchase and contract of cell phones for the District Attorney’s office.
8. Recognize Certificate of Compliance from the Texas Commission on Jail Standards for Shelby County.
9. Record FY2016 Shelby County Jail Commissary Audit. County Auditor to report fillings per local Government code 351.0415.
10. Discuss and possibly approve the contract of Amendment of The Interlocal Cooperation Act Contract between Shelby County and the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB).
11. Accept or reject bids for Road & Bridge Pct. 4 for a new or used tractor truck.
12. Consider and possibly approve the Resolution for Opposition to Senate Bill 2 and Revenue caps.
13. Consider and possibly approve the Resolution for Opposition to Unfunded Mandates.
14. Consider and possibly approve the Resolution for State Funds for Indigent Criminal Defense.
15. Review quote on renovating the library building on the old school property.
16. Recognize Veterans County Service Officer, Sherry Riley, on her Certificate of Completion her specialized training for claims representation and counseling for calendar year 2016 and announce services provided by Lone Star Legal Aid to low income Veterans.
17. Update on air/heat units in 1885 Courthouse.