October 18, 2019 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 23rd day of October, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay weekly expenses.
2. Public comments on Agenda item.
3. Historical Commission to give update on Grant.
4. Commissioner Pct. 2 and Pct. 3 to accept donation of sand from Sabine River Authority.
5. Record FY2019 Shelby County Jail Commissary expenditure audit per Local Government Code 351.0415.
6. Discuss and possibly approve updating phone system.
7. Proclamation declaring November as “Home Care and Hospice Month”.
8. An Executive Session will also be held for the purpose of discussing personnel, hearing complaints against personnel, or to deliberate the appointed, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. The closed session is authorized by Texas Open Meeting Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
9. Reopen public meeting.
10. Discuss and possibly make a decision on issues discussed in the Executive Session.