January 5, 2018 - Notice is hereby given that a Regular meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 8th day of January, 2018 at 9:30 am in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following:
1. Approve the minutes of the December 8, 2017 Special meeting, December 11, 2017 Regular meeting, December 13, 2017 Special meeting, December 21, 2017 Special meeting, and the December 27, 2017 Special meeting of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court.
2. Approve weekly expenses.
3. Approve Officers Report.
4. Public Comments on Agenda items.
5. Discuss and possibly approve Sheriff’s Department to purchase new heaters.
6. Tom Wilberg to discuss the insulation of the four off site wells for TCEQ.
7. Consider and take action to approve Resolution for approval of bringing suit on behalf of Shelby County, Texas, vs. various drug manufacturers, developers, suppliers and others of a class of pharmaceutical class of drugs commonly referred to as opioids and approval of Professional Services Agreement for Special Counsel.
8. Discuss and possibly approve Pct. 3 Commissioner to close County Road 3120.
9. District Attorney, Stephen Shires to address the Court on approving setting up an account for “DRUG COURT FUND” to place monies collected by probation department.
10. District Attorney’s office to create a part-time internship to be paid out of forfeiture funds.
11. Discuss and possibly approve the District Attorney to apply for a Specialty Court Grant through the Governor’s office.
12. DA to discuss mounting televisions in the District Courtrooms
13. An Executive session will also be held for the purpose of discussing courthouse security procedures and assignment of duties, as well as, personnel, hearing complaints against personnel, or to deliberate the appointed, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. This closed session is authorized by Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.072-551.087.
14. Reopen Regular Meeting.
15. Discuss and possibly make a decision on issues discussed in the Executive Session.