August 25, 2017 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 28th day of August, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay monthly expenses.
2. Public discussion on agenda items.
3. Jheri-Lynn McSwain, County Extension Agent-FCS, to seek approval to utilize county travel to attend National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences conference in Omaha, Nebraska to represent Shelby County in receiving the Greenwood Frysinger National Award in recognition of the Shelby County Community Garden project.
4. Steve Smelley with the Way Companies to present information to the Commissioners Court regarding Energy Sustainability of the County Buildings and request authorization to perform an Energy Audit of the County Buildings at no cost to the County and present an action plan of their findings to Commissioners Court.
5. Alison Scull with Bounds Insurance Agency to present the Court a quote on Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
6. Open bids for Janitorial Services.
7. County Treasurer to discuss Attorney General Opinion KP-0160 – Payment of Claims Against the County.