April 21, 2017 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners' Court will be held on the 24th day of April, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay monthly expenses.
2. Public discussion on agenda items.
3. Approve the County Historical Commission Appointees for 2017-2018
4. JC Lewis to address Commission on behalf of Shelby County Historical Commission.
5. Discuss and possibly approve Shelby County Tax Assessor Debora Riley to upgrade database server.
6. Kristi Barnes from Nacogdoches Realty to address the court regarding CR 4428.
7. Stacy Oates and Samantha Gordon to address the Commissioners Court about County Road 1044 in Precinct 1.
8. Accept donation from Louisiana Soil Technology to pave 1/2 mile in Precinct 3. They want to demo their road glue product for Precinct 3 and are putting down 1/2 mile of their material and providing labor as well.
9. Information on filing a request for the Unclaimed Property Capital Credits from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
10. Discuss and possibly approve a contract and payment in advance for John Yarbrough to make improvements on Commissioner Precinct 4 barn.
11. Adjourn to executive session.
12. An Executive session will also be held for the purpose of discussing personnel, hearing complaints against personnel, or to deliberate the appointed, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. This closed session is authorized by Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
13. Reopen public meeting.
14. Discuss and possibly approve a Security Officer for Shelby County Court House.