November 22, 2019 - Texas Transportation Commissioners last week approved $532.9 million in new construction projects statewide, with $9.4 million approved in the Lufkin District. In addition, more than $36.4 million in maintenance projects were approved, with more than $1.5 approved in the Lufkin District.
Construction projects approved includes resurfacing various roadways with a sealcoat throughout the nine-county district. Those roads include:
- Sabine County: FM 1, from SH 103 to SH 184.
- San Augustine County: FM 705, from FM 83 to just south of Couchatana Creek and from just south of Couchatana Creek to the end of state maintenance; FM 1, from SH 21 to the Sabine County line; SH 103, from SH 147 North to FM 1751; SH 147, from just north of FM 1277 to the Angelina River Bridge.
- Shelby County: FM 415, from SH 87 to FM 138; US 59, from SH 87 to the Rusk County line; FM 699, from US 84 to FM 1656 and from FM 1656 to Spur 699.
- Houston County: US 287, from 1 mile southeast of FM 232 to the Trinity County line; SH 21, from FM 1733 to FM 227 North; US 287, from BU 287 to 2.1 miles north of FM 2663 and from 2.1 miles north of FM 2663 to SL 304; SH 19, from Lovelady City Limits south to the Trinity County line.
- Polk County: US 190, from just west of FM 1276 to the Tyler County line; US 59, from BU 59 North to US 190 and from US 190 to 1.6 miles south of US 190; FM 942, from US 59 to FM 62; FM 1988, from US 59 to just south of FM 3278.
- Angelina County: SH 7, from US 69 to the Nacogdoches County line; SH 7, from SH 103 to US 69; SH 94, from SM 706 to SL 287; SH 103, from Paul Street to FM 326.
- Nacogdoches County: SH 7, from FM 2782 to BU 59; FM 138, from US 59 to the Shelby County line; SH 21, from FM 225 to US 59; FM 226, from SH 103 to the end of state maintenance.
- Trinity County: SH 19, from .128 miles south of FM 1617 to the Trinity River Bridge; FM 357, from FM 2262 to the Polk County line.
- San Jacinto County: SH 150, from FM 222 North intersection to US 59; SH 156, from US 190 to SH 150.
D.I.J. Construction, Inc., Bertram, TX, will serve as contractor for the work that is scheduled to begin in Spring, 2020. A pre-construction meeting will be held prior to the project beginning.
Polk and San Jacinto counties were approved for maintenance projects that are designed to repair erosion in various locations which include:
- Polk County: US 59, from just north of FM 1988 to 1.5 miles south of US 190 at US 59 loop south. AAD, Contracting, Inc., Poland, OH, will serve as contractor for the $466, 419.50 maintenance project.
- San Jacinto County: US 59, from 2.8 miles north of FM 1127 to 2.7 miles south of FM 2665 North. Earth Builders, L.P., Decatur, TX, will serve as contractor for the $1.5 million maintenance project.
As these projects begin, motorists are urged to stay alert throughout the work zones and obey all traffic control at these locations.