Shelbyville FFA students at the Pineywoods District 2019 Convention
May 1, 2019 - The Shelbyville FFA competed in the Pineywoods District Convention and Degree check. It was the FFA chapter’s first time ever attending or competing in this event. The students have worked very hard this year overcoming many obstacles. Managing to produce amazing outcomes for the chapters first year of FFA.
On April 29, 2019 the students participated in the Degree Check at Central Heights and the following students placed:
- Harley Hinton competed in the Poultry Production Proficiency Award category placing 1st and advancing to state.
- Logan Williams competed in the Star Greenhand Degree - Star Farmer category and received 2nd place.
On April 30, 2019 Logan Williams, Delaney Dunn and Kirsti Jernigan participated at the Pineywoods District Convention at SFA for Senior Prepared Speaking.
Logan Williams, Kirsti Jernigan, and Delaney Dunn
The following were their topics and placement:
- Logan Williams: Speech on Duck Reproduction. He competed in the Animal Science category placing 2nd, receiving a banner. Logan will advance to Area competition at Lumberton May12-14th, 2019.
- Kirsti Jernigan: Speech on Prophylactics in the Livestock Industry. She competed in the Ag Technology and Communications Category placing 3rd, receiving a banner.
- Delaney Dunn: Speech on Modern Advertising Methods for Farmers. She competed in the Agribusiness category placing 4th
Shelbyville FFA students Lexi Berry, Elizabeth Arnold, Jordan Williams, and Harley Hinton will be sending in their Lonestar degrees at Area 9 Convention in hopes they’re clear to receive this degree pin at the State Convention in Ft. Worth.
Kirsti Jernigan and Logan Williams
Front to back: Elizabeth Arnold, Lexi Berry, and Jordan Williams