March 24, 2020 - Several important procedures are being implemented this week as Shelbyville ISD’s learning community deals with challenges associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19). Parents, please do your best to help your student complete their work for what we hope is a limited amount of time away from school.
Parents will drive up to their student’s campus and instructional packets will be delivered to vehicles by campus personnel. Please remain in your vehicle at all times. Parents of all Shelbyville ISD students PreK - 12 should pick up and return instructional packets on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 25th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Instructional Packet #1 (covering March 23 to April 3rd) will be picked up;
- Friday, April 3rd from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Instructional Packet #1 will be turned back in to the school;
- Friday, April 3rd from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Instructional Packet #2 (covering April 6th to April 22nd) will be picked up;
- Wednesday, April 22nd from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Instruction Packet #2 will be turned back in to the school;
- Wednesday, April 22nd from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Instructional Packet #3 (covering April 23rd to the end of the 2019-20 school year) will be picked up;
- Wednesday, May 13th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Instruction Packet #3 will be turned back in to the school.
NOTE: The booth located at school district’s lower entrance gate will be converted into a “drop box” to receive any instructional packets that could not be returned on the designated return dates/times.
Instruction for elementary and middle school students will be delivered mainly using instructional packets. Instruction for high school students will be delivered using a combination of instructional packets, online instruction, and Google Classroom. Communication with each teacher can be achieved via the teacher’s school email address which will be included with the instructional packets.
Beginning Thursday, March 26th, Shelbyville ISD will be offering free breakfast/lunch combos from 9:30am to 11am to all Shelbyville ISD students, and any other students 18 years old and younger. The meals will be distributed in front of the cafeteria loading dock area. Please remain in your vehicle at all times when picking up your student’s meals.
BASKETBALL TICKET REFUNDS
Refunds for tickets sold for the UIL State Basketball Tournament will be issued via the front of the high school office on Thursday, March 26th from 8:30am to 11:30am, and Friday, March 27th from 8:30am to 11:30am. You must return a valid ticket stub to receive a refund. Please remain in your vehicle at all times. Thank you for your patience in waiting for your refund.
Through Friday, March 27th, campus offices and administrative offices will be open from 8:30am to 11:30am to field phone inquiries. Please limit your interaction to phone calls only. If you need any assistance please call/email: S. W Carter Elementary 598-7363 (firstname.lastname@example.org); Middle School 598-5146 (email@example.com); High School 598-7323 (firstname.lastname@example.org); and Central Administration 598-2641 (email@example.com).
Shelbyville ISD will continue to try and keep you informed as we deal with this very fluid situation. Please keep yourself and loved ones as safe as possible during these trying times. Thank you.