June 24, 2022 - The Tenaha City Council will meet in a Regular City Council Meeting on Monday, June 27, 2022, at 5:30 pm, Tenaha, Texas.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum.
4. Pledge: United States Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items, or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Department Head Reports:
Public Works Report
Municipal Court Report
Police Department Report
City Secretary Report
Fire Department Report
7. Discuss and Consider Approving the Minutes for the May 2022, City Council Meeting.
8. Discuss and Consider Approving the May 2022 Financials.
9. Discuss and Consider the Franchise Fees for Solid Waste Collection and Disposal.
10. Discuss and Consider Local Churches having an option for the Solid Waste Collection and Disposal.
11. Discuss and Consider Renewing Employee Health Insurance for 2022-2023 with TML Health.
12. Discuss and Consider Arnold Grounds Management Company residents being exempt from paying late fees.
13. Discuss and consider revising the signature card for all accounts at 1st National Bank of Hughes Springs.
14. Discuss and consider appointing a new City Attorney.
15. Discuss and consider donation to the Tenaha Businessmen’s Club 4th of July Fireworks Festival.
16. Natalie Harris to speak about the Piney woods Sanitation Waste Contract.
17. Executive Session:
Consider entering executive session Personnel Matters Government Code Section 551.074 with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session. (Annual Evaluation Performance for City Secretary Amanda Treat-Brock, Cost of living adjustment COLA 2022 at 5.9%)
End of Executive Session
Reconvene into open session and take any action necessary because of the Executive Session.
18. Council Report(s): Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-248-3841.