From left: Matthew Thorne, Fabian Martinez, Mason Ramsey, Isabella Galaviz, Alyssa Parks, Bella Alford, Julien Lawrence, and Jayden Windham.
December 16, 2019 - On Friday and Saturday, December 13 and 14, members of the Timpson Band traveled to Carthage and Henderson and auditioned for the ATSSB (Association of Texas Small School Bands) Middle School and High School All-Region Bands.
The Timpson students that earned chairs or alternate positions in the bands are:
- Matthew Thorne ~ 8th Grade French Horn, 6th Chair
- Fabian Martinez ~ Senior Tuba, 6th Chair HS Symphonic Band - AREA*
- Mason Ramsey ~ 8th Grade Tuba, 4th Chair
- Isabella Galaviz ~ 8th Grade Clarinet, 1st Chair
- Alyssa Parks ~ Junior Alto Clarinet, 1st Chair HS Symphonic Band - AREA*
- Alyssa Parks ~ Junior Bb Clarinet, 4th Chair HS Symphonic Band - AREA*
- Bella Alford ~ 8th Grade Clarinet, 9th Chair
- Julien Lawrence ~ Junior Euphonium, 6th Alternate
- Jayden Windham ~ Freshman Tuba, 2nd Chair HS Concert Band - AREA*
Fabian Martinez, Jayden Windham, and Alyssa Parks (double qualified on both Alto and B-Flat clarinets) each ranked high enough in their sections to qualify for the Area competition. On January 11th they will go to Chapel Hill and audition for the ATSSB All-State Band.
Congratulations to all of these fine Timpson Band students. We are VERY proud of all of our Bear Band students that auditioned!