April 30, 2019 - On Thursday, April 25 the Timpson High School Band performed at the UIL Region 21 Concert and Sightreading Contest held at Bullard High School. The band earned a first division rating on stage and in sightreading! Combined with the first division the band received at marching contest in October, the Timpson Band earned the coveted UIL Sweepstakes Award!
Some of the concert judges’ comments were as follows:
• So good to hear so many mature sounds in you band.
• Really solid percussion!
• Melody and countermelody lines are clearly and easily heard.
• Excellent low brass, trumpets, and woodwind technique.
• Nice balance and very good pitch center.
• Nice, confident, and energetic sounds throughout!
• Beautiful, rich band ensemble sound.
• Nice woodwind and brass tone.
• Great intonation today!
• Great dynamic contrast!
• Congrats on a fine performance!
The Timpson Band is directed by Rhonda Daniel and John Dupnik. Both directors are very proud of the students’ hard work during this school year, and look forward to keeping the Bear Band traditions alive in the future. Thanks to all of the parents, band boosters, and the faculty and staff of Timpson ISD for supporting this band program!
Bear Band Seniors (L to R) Samaria Richard, Ja’Karia Deckard, Taylor Roth, Cassidy Clifton, Dallas Dennis, Allysha Stephens, Jose Galavis, Devin Kimzey, and Rebekah Parks