September 28, 2015 - Weekly Calendar of Events:
- Monday, September 28 – Elementary Benchmarks Due
- Monday, September 28 – JH Volleyvall vs. Beckville – There @ 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 29 – TPRI – Kindergarten
- Tuesday, September 29 – Varsity Volleyball vs. Shelbyville – Away @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 29 – FFA Pineywoods Leadership Day – Nacogdoches @ 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 30 – PreK to Visit EcoLand in Kilgore
- Wednesday, September 30 – ASVAB Test – HS Auditorium – Juniors/Seniors
- Thursday, October 1 – Benchmark Testing – TES
- Thursday, October 1 – Kindergarten Led Pledge – Poultry Festival @ 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, October 1 – JH & JV Football vs. Joaquin – Home @ 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 2 – Benchmark Testing – TES
- Friday, October 2 – End of 1st Six Weeks
- Friday, October 2 – THS Volleyball vs. Leverett’s Chapel – There @ 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 2 – Varsity Football vs. Joaquin – There @ 7:30 p.m.
Essay Contest - The Texas State Soil & Water Conservation Board (TSSWCB) and the Association of Texas Soil & Water Conservation Districts (ATSWCD) are sponsoring an essay contest (two age divisions: 13 and under and 14 to 18 year olds). Essay topic for 2016: “How Soil and Water Conservation Helps Feed the World” is to be submitted to local soil and water conservation districts for local judging. Each local district will judge the entries and submit three essays in each age category to the TSSWCB for competition on the area level. Plaques will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners on the area level and state winners will be selected from the area winners. This contest is open to students, 18 years and under, and does not jeopardize Texas University Interscholastic League eligibility. The contest is open to public, private, or home school students.
Please visit the stewardship website at http://www.nacdnet.org/stewardship&education.com for information relating to this theme. Essays are to be submitted to the local soil and water conservation district for local judging by Thursday, December 31, 2015. Their office will have the form to attach to the entry. The local district is: Shelby Soil & Water Conservation District, 158 Cass Caid, Center, TX (across the street from Texas State Bank). As this office has only one part-time employee, you should probably call before coming by the office. The telephone number is: (936) 598-5557, Ext. 3. If no one is in, you may leave your telephone number on the answering machine and someone will get back with you.