September 6, 2016 - Timpson ISD Bear Update
Weekly Calendar of Events –
Tues. September. 6 –
- TES Staff Meeting after school
- Volleyball vs. Colmesneil – There at 4:30 p.m.
Thursday Sept. 8 –
- Football vs.- Malakoff Cross Roads and Tenaha– at Home - Jr. High 5:00 p.m. & JV 6:00 p.m.
Fri. Sept. 9 – End of 1st 3 week reporting period
- TES IStation results sent home
- Volleyball vs. Overton (District Game) – Away at 4:30 p.m.
- Varsity football vs. Malakoff Cross Roads – There at 7:30 p.m.
First Grade News – Submitted by Christy Archer
Timpson Elementary School first grade has been busy! We timed ourselves to see how quickly we could put our numbers in the correct order. Everyone got a chance to use play-dough to create two-dimensional figures and we even created our own class book based on the rhyming pattern found in the song "Down By the Bay."
THS FCCLA News - Submitted by: Danielle Smith
Texas FCCLA is partnering with "Dude-Be Nice". Their mission is to inspire young people to build a positive community by rallying together to recognize others for just being nice. They want to emphasize programs "For" doing the right thing instead of focusing on "Anti" this and that. The following Timpson High School students have been "caught being nice": Aislynn Kimzey, Jaxon Haislip.
TES Pre-K Newsletter - Submitted by: Penny Ramsey
This Week We…
1. Measure longest and shortest.
2. Read Who am I?
3. Learned about sorting.
4. Talked about what we look like.
5. Worked on syllables.
6. Worked on rhyming words.
7. Learned about shapes.
Next Week, We Will…
1. Read The Nightingale.
2. Read fall books.
3. Learn the rhyme “Mary Had A Little Lamb”.
4. Learn about big and little.
5. Learn about circles.
6. Practice writing straight lines.
1. September 16th, Grandparents are invited to eat lunch with their grandchild.
2. September 15 at 4:30 will be the Ice Cream Social. Come by and pick up your child’s progress report and an ice cream.
3. September 5th is Labor Day. No school.
Reminders to Parents
1. School starts at 7:45 each morning.
2. The school day ends at 3:25. Parent pickup will go out at 3:15.
3. If your child is absent from school, please send a note to school the next school day.
4. Please send box tops to school.